Anyone from Thunder Bay, Ontario?

rickii2014
on 8/3/14 7:41 am

I'm just curious how long it took to get from referral to surgery? I forgot to ask and I need to know. lol I can't wait until Tuesday to call. Too excited and anxious!!!

mandygarden
on 8/3/14 10:35 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

Hello and welcome!  I am from Thunder Bay and it has taken about 13 months from referral to surgery for me.  Now that we have surgeons in thunder bay it is hard to say if the process will be quicker or slower.  I think however a year is quite average as I have followed all of the guidelines for appointments and all you can do it sit and wait your turn.  The year has been tough but it will be worth it in the end!

Referral - August 2013  Orientation - October 2013  Intake - November 2013  Nurse Practitioner - March 2014  Surgical Orientation - April 2014 Psychometrist - April 28, 2014  Nutritionist - May 5th, 2014  Ultrasound - May 21, 2014 Internest - July 29, 2014 Meet with Surgeons - August 7, 2014 PreOP - Aug 18th  Scope - Aug 19, 2014 SURGERY AUGUST 27th!!!!!!

4-Jane
on 8/3/14 11:21 am - Canada

I'm from Thunder Bay and my wait was two plus years.  I travelled to Toronto and am super thrilled to hear we have our own surgeons now so I hope it speeds the process for my fellow city folks. Welcome to this form and it would be nice if we had a local support group we need a location..... Take care and I hope your wait is tolerable

Respectfully Jane
Most Active