Tomato sandwiches ?

4-Jane
on 8/2/14 1:32 pm - Canada

Thanks Mandy I'm not a vet, but I do not eat bread,cereals noodles or rice yet.  I have not tried rice or noodles yet but cereal well oatmeal any way and breads do not make for a happy me . I have heard many say the lower the carbs the better so I'm good not eating those things.  I have not tried quinoa yet either.

Respectfully Jane
Soon_to_Shrink
on 8/2/14 1:36 pm

i'm a big fan of rustic Greek salad.  Fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, olives and cucumber drizzled with olive oil and oregano.  Tomatoes and feta in any recipe go great together and you get protein.  Maybe the roasted tomato recipe with melted feta or mozzarella would be good too.

Valerie G.
on 8/2/14 10:17 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I love to bake slices with cheese and bacon...sometimes with bread..often without

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Irisher
on 8/2/14 11:20 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 12/27/12

I like to make a BLTMB. In a leafy green lettuce leaf or two with the spine removed, wrap up bacon, tomato, fresh mozzarella slices, and a few basil leaves with a schmear of light olive oil mayo. Enjoy those tomatoes :-)

Leanne1
on 8/3/14 2:02 am - Newmarket, Canada

I eat weigh****cher bread (or body wise or Wonder Thin slice bread). 

I love a good toasted tomato and cheese sandwich with a little mayo, salt and pepper. 

I also make loaded deli meat sandwiches. Takes me a while to eat it; unless I make a half one. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Cece2014
on 8/3/14 2:21 am

Try a classic caprese salad: I make mine with additional herbs

soft fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed, tossed in olive oil and garlic. Let it sit at room temp for a while to pick up flavors. Can add parsley and basil to the cheese at this time as well.

chopped tomato

fresh chopped basil

salt / pepper to taste

balsamic vinegar is optional. Add more olive oil if needed.

Christine

Low Carb Lifestyle is working!   HW: 370   CW: 295  GW: 200

Most Active