Soooo...nervous, excited, scared...

cyko_chika
on 8/4/14 2:09 am - Canada

So. I have 3 more days after today of opti then have my surgery on Friday at the Guelph General Hospital with Dr. Jules. I was so excited at first but now I am just terrified. Im scared there will be complications, that ill die, that ill fail. All these thoughts, Im so overwhelmed. On the plus side my start weight was 353lbs and I am down to 319lbs not a huge lose but a start. Feeling scared ;(

Karen M.
on 8/4/14 2:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

That is a huge, wonderful start - GOOD FOR YOU!

The feelings you're having are so normal - you're about to have major-ass surgery. Allow yourself to feel it, take a breath and focus on the positive decision you've made and the excellent changes you've begun.

Wishing you the very best - you'll do just great. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kate M.
on 8/5/14 1:07 am - toronto, Canada

lol @ "major-ass surgery"

Soon_to_Shrink
on 8/4/14 2:45 am

It's totally normal to be scared.  I remember the last few days double checking that all my affairs were in order " just in case I died".  The reality is dying on the table is really, really, rare.  They have to warn you to be fully informed.  Most people have no complications or very minor issues.  Best of luck with your surgery.

4-Jane
on 8/4/14 6:32 am - Canada

34 pounds lost I bet your liver is in good shape now..... I think it's healthy to be worried and scared, keep busy, keep reading and Friday will be here before long.  Would it help to start journaling all your thoughts and reasons why you have made this choice, I've read that has helped some.

Respectfully Jane
LalahRose
on 8/4/14 1:27 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/19/14

Woot! Woot!

That is wonderful and exciting and I'm so happy for you! My time is August 19th, not too far behind ya. Wish you all the best on your journey. You will wake up on the threshold of your NEW LIFE!! Best wishes!

Catw
on 8/5/14 12:17 am - Arnprior, Canada

It is very normal to feel this way just before a big change coming up.  And it's OK.  As someone mentioned, write all these feelings down in a journal, in as much detail as you want.  That will help you with understanding them, accepting them and letting them go.

You have done very well so far, and are ready for this.  You'll be fine!  And you know we're here for you!

Cathy

lnettles1963
on 8/5/14 1:00 am
VSG on 07/12/13

Scared is totally normal, I know I was.

Way to go on the weight loss!!!! 

Best of Luck and look forward to your updates!

cyko_chika
on 8/6/14 11:18 am - Canada

Thank you all for the support. Its nice to know I am not alone. Xoxo...I guess Ill see you all on the losers bench!

Most Active