PSYCH EVAL DONE! TWH DIETITIAN TOUGH?

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/14 6:57 am, edited 8/1/14 7:10 am - Toronto, Canada

Whew, I am so happy to be done that portion of the process. I was nervous going into it today, and even more nervous when I arrived for my appointment, and found that I would not be meeting with Susan Wnuk from TWH, the psychologist, but instead two men. TWO men about my age, that were CUTE to boot, which made it a bit more awkward. Especially when talking about the dating and relationships portion and revealing how sad my life has become in that avenue. Also, Doesn't help they also held the 60 minute meet in a tiny long narrow room, with no windows, not a very comfortable setting at all.  Anywho, its not so bad at all. I was just myself and answered everything honestly. They had no problems with me, and said they will give me the green light in their group meet.

So happy to be more then half way there! They did state in the appointment that the Dietitian was pretty tough at TWH and to be prepared to have my eating habits really scrutinized. Has anyone met with Lorraine Gougeon? Should I perhaps start doing a daily food log and bring it to the initial meet with her? 

Thanks for the feedback as always! xo

Karen M.
on 8/1/14 7:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

Doing a daily food log is always a good thing to do - great idea :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/14 7:12 am - Toronto, Canada

:) Thanks, I've never really logged food, not since Bernstiens years ago...I was wondering if she would be kinda expecting it, so might as well do it and be prepared! Plus, may learn a bit more about myself from it.

Karen M.
on 8/1/14 7:20 am - Mississauga, Canada

It never ceases to amaze me all the crap that (potentially) goes into my mouth without thought. Demonstrating a willingness to track and learn from it (and get feedback on it) is a great step to take. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

pegawatt
on 8/1/14 1:51 pm - Canada

Lorraine was my dietician and she was quite nice and told me I passed so don't be nervous.

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/14 1:05 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks! I an only do my best, and be honest, hopefully she sees how committed I am to the program :)

LalahRose
on 8/1/14 1:55 pm - Canada
RNY on 08/19/14

Always write down every bite, now and after surgery. You'll need to record everything that goes in your mouth for months after the surgery, so the earlier you start the more you will be used to it.

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/14 1:06 pm - Toronto, Canada

Yeah, I do need to get used to it, even if it seems so tideous, i am sure it gets easier as time passes. 

KerryF.
on 8/1/14 9:14 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I love Lorraine she is the toughest Dietitian at TWH  but that's why she is my favorite. she tells it like it is and doesn't listen to excuses.

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/14 1:07 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks Kerry! I don't have any excuses! so thats good. I am pumped to meet her and get any feedback she has for me to improve and succeed with this journey!

Most Active