Alccohol

Patm
on 8/2/14 9:53 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks Tracy, I need to know that I do not have a problem. I think the fact I become drunk so fast scares me. At 290 lbs I could drink with no problem. A couple of glasses of wine and I was fine. Now I just seem to get far too out of control

beme_atlast
on 8/3/14 2:46 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

I admire your courage and determination in posting this...to help hold you accountable. I also like my wine and have worried about developing a problem....and that was before my surgery.  Your plan to abstain for all of August is great but might be tough, so if you find yourself struggling tell yourself you only have to worry about not drinking that wine today. ( Yes....the famous one day at a time rule...) You can figure out tomorrow...well tomorrow. 

Your concern about wine hitting you so fast is a valid one. I have been told that is the new normal for us. We get drunk very fast because of the way our new body metabolizes alcohol. On the other hand we apparently sober up very quickly too????

Hope it helps to know you're not alone in this struggle...

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Patm
on 8/3/14 9:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It's funny, I do not crave wine but tonight my DH and I were playing cards and I thought a nice glass of wine would have been nice. But I am having a coffee instead

crunchy
on 8/3/14 2:53 am - Eureka Springs, AR

Hi! Cross addiction is real!! Please check out bariatric bad girls for much info. I don't know why we try to keep it hidden. Good luck!

Shelli61
on 8/3/14 4:15 am - Evans, GA

There is a reason we are told to stay away from alcohol after GBS. We are at a higher rise for developing alcoholism. This is nothing to play around with. If you are feeling at all out of control with drinking you need to seek professional help. I am speaking from experience and know of many people this has become a problem for after surgery. 

Patm
on 8/3/14 9:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I was told to stay away from it until after 6 months. SO I have been having wine off and on for 2 years. Just taking a break to re-evaluate

Most Active