Feeling sick in opti...

Sassy75
on 7/31/14 12:30 pm - North York, Canada

Thanks Blueiiis!! I appreciate your words of encouragement. The weird thing is I like how they taste... I have no problem drinking them at al, I get get really sick feeling after. Has anyone noticed menstral issues also?!? 

DeeMishka
on 7/31/14 2:42 pm
RNY on 08/08/14

I just started mine today and it's very light and causing a bit of pain but I don't know if it's from the Opti or the lovely pcos I have. But it does explain my 1lb gain that I was getting frustrated with. I am just hoping the next 7 days fly by and I can start my recovery.

Sassy75
on 7/31/14 11:45 pm - North York, Canada

I started spotting on day 3 and it hasn't stopped. I wonder if it is related.... 

Sassy75
on 8/1/14 1:12 am - North York, Canada

So I spoke with a nurse at my centre and she said that she feels I am having a "mounting allergic reaction" to the optifast. She is having the dietician call me to see if we can arrange an alternative diet.

DeeMishka
on 8/1/14 2:23 am
RNY on 08/08/14

I spoke to the dietician today at HRRH and she told me it's the surgeons decision and she cannot help me until she gets the okay from the surgeon but she said if I stop optifast it will be solid food again that I eat and they give strict portion sizes and they must be followed but they do not give a menu for you to follow it almost sounds easier to stay on the optifast that way I know I'm doing it right. But we will wait and see what happens

Sassy75
on 8/1/14 4:20 am - North York, Canada

I spoke with the dietician and was given a different diet. It is a food diet but very restrictive. Opti is definately easier but is making me so sick. I only drank 2 yesturday ( and most days) so hopefully this will work out for me. 

Cookies-and-Cream
on 8/1/14 4:47 am, edited 8/1/14 4:48 am

it doesnt make any sense. Why would it have to be food diet when there are different protein shakes, creamed soups, broth, jello. They are all over the place with their instructions

Sassy75
on 8/1/14 5:04 am - North York, Canada

Initially she said a diabetic boost drink with added protien powder but I had a reaction to splendid before so she said this would not work. She then said the only other option is this diet (she emailed it to me) it is called a protien sparing modified fast. 

DeeMishka
on 8/1/14 8:59 am
RNY on 08/08/14

I think I got the same thing 109-129g of protein a day plus fruit veggies and very minimal starches low fat low carb and high protein. They called me back around 4pm and emailed me the list right after that.

DeeMishka
on 8/1/14 10:47 am
RNY on 08/08/14

Did your dietician say anything to you about this new diet might not work and if it doesn't shrink the liver they will pull out and not do the surgery? I'm kinda scared now. I ate off the sample menu they gave me and I had a small whole wheat bun with low sodium and fat free turkey deli meat with a tomato on it with mustard and I had cucumbers on the side but I feel so guilty and like I'm putting my surgery at risk. I'm thinking I will follow this new diet and then go back onto the optifast a few days before my surgery although it makes me sick to my stomach all day I have waited so long for this surgery I don't want to mess it up.

Most Active