Low sugar

lessofkelly_
on 7/29/14 6:18 am

Yesterday I had an episode of low blood sugar and I know thats ws it was because I was able to check my levels with my husbands tester and they were at 2.9 its not the first time but I have never been home when its happened to check I always just figured it was low blood pressure so my question is do I just keep an eye on my diet better or do I need to run and see my dr? I am 9 months post op RNY through St Joes Hamilton and also if I should see someone do I see the clinic or just my GP? 

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/29/14 7:07 am - Windsor, Canada

Never hurts to get checked out....

There are two types of hypoglycemia.....

The first is regular hypo.  Had it been some time between eating?  That usually accounts for most low blood sugars.  Because we sometimes lack the hunger sensation, it is easier for us to plummet without recognizing our body symptoms that we need to eat.

The second type is reactive hypoglycemia.   It's caused by too many carbs/or sugars in our diet.  What did you eat 1-3 hours prior to this reaction? If it was something very carby, it would be reactive.  In that case, message me.  I've been living with it for 6+ years.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active