Checking in

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/14 9:46 pm

Hi guys!  

Just checking in with an update and some encouragement for the newbies I see posting here. I had my surgery may 7th and I am down 72 pounds at around 2 months and three weeks out. After the first month of taking it slow and doing my walks everyday for an hour I hit the ground running (literally). I started a couch to 5 k program and started lifting light weights. I am very pleased with my progress so far and I haven't seen the weight on my scale in over 7 years 😱. I had no complications from surgery (thankfully) and I am very grateful for that fact. I feel like I have a new lease on life! I am able to play with my kids everyday and when we went to wonderland a week ago I was able to go on rides that I haven't been able to go on even last year! The energy I have now and the compliments I get from colleagues and co-workers are all wonderful reminders that I chose the right path for me. I am excited to see what the future holds for me. Follow the advice of your team and they will not steer you wrong. Good luck to all those seeking surgery. I can tell you that for me, it was definately worth it. 

1HealthyMomma
on 7/27/14 9:51 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Great job!! Wishing you continued success.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/14 10:46 pm

Thank you :) 

Blueiiis
on 7/27/14 10:09 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow!! That is great. I go for surgery on August 11th, thank you so much posting - I hope to be as successful as you! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/14 10:46 pm

No problem. Thanks! 

kellybelly333
on 7/27/14 11:12 pm - Toronto, Canada

Amazing work!! Keep up with the running, soon you will be running distances you never dreamed you could have done (although, you probably already have!) 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

crqvingchange
on 7/28/14 2:11 am

As I've told you before H. You amaze and inspire me. Also the Unjury has come in so handy, thank you.

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/14 3:04 am

You are so welcome! I hope you are doing well :) talk soon!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/14 3:04 am

Thanks! I plan on running a 5k I. Sept and a 10k next year may. I can't wait to see whee my new body will take me! 

kathie1212
on 7/29/14 12:45 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

Thanks for sharing! It can be discouraging waiting for so long for surgery! but posts like your keep me focused on the goal ahead! I dream of running I haven't been able to for years now but  since I was a teen!!

thanks Again

Kathie

Most Active