What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

birdiegirl
on 7/27/14 8:56 pm

RNY  5 Years 3 Months Post Op

Morning

Meeting an old high school friend for coffee this morning....haven't seen her in 35 years so looking forward to it...groceries....and hospital visits early morning and tonight...my body is sore and tired from two days of walking the golf course

STEPS - 16,780

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 6 oz black cod

S - 3 wasa with 1/4 cup of shredded habanero on top

D - 5 oz pork tenderloin

grilled asparagus

1.5 cups of kale salad

S - 2 Source dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,157,  Carbs - 66 Grams,  Fat - 39 Grams,  Protein - 123 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one   

Onward and
Downward

on 7/27/14 9:42 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb! Enjoy your time with your school friend.

Today: Working from home early this morning, going in to the office around 9:30, and leaving a bit early. Love being able to flex my hours. Going to drop my old bike off at a friend's place tonight after work since I have my new one and don't need the old one.

I was a busy bee yesterday, but went about everything at a relaxed pace and enjoyed life. Finished the laundry, tidied the house, hung some pictures, made some great burgers last night for dinner.  Did lots of yard work in the back yard yesterday afternoon and evening, but got rained out last night. Too bad, because I was right in the rhythm of the work and didn't really want to stop. So, once it started raining last night, I continued the momentum by dragging a couple of our bikes out of the shed (my hubby's bike, and my old one that I'm giving away), took them to our front porch which is covered, and did a bit of work on them - cleaned them up, greased the chains, etc. I enjoyed it a lot, just wish I knew more about bikes so I could do a full tune up on them.

I am going to take a course on bike repair in the fall - the TDSB offers a course at a high school that is a 15 minute bike ride from my place. I find it relaxing and satisfying, working with my hands, and my day job is the complete opposite - screen time all day, researching, and writing.  It's funny, but that's the kind of job that suited me before surgery, but now I'm craving physical activity throughout the day.

Foodwise today: I have lots of fresh fruit that I'm using up, so will be having lots today. I don't worry about the carbs in fresh fruit - I don't dump on it, I'm not diabetic, and it doesn't affect the scale for me (usually the opposite, in fact), and it stops me from grazing on crap.

1 YEAR, 8 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda plus half a banana (eating it now)

S - Cherries, yellow plums for grazing (throughout the day - usually end up sharing them with co-workers too!), plus some Yin Yang tofu snack for a bit of protein

L - Open-face sandwich with smoked salmon, fresh sliced tomato, and a bit of light mayo, plus a few olives on the side

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda with the other half of the banana

D - Hmm, good question. Not sure yet. Maybe I'll be lazy and pick up a rotisserie chicken on the way home from work, and serve it with some edamame beans on the side. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do.

S - Not sure, probably just a glass of milk, especially if I'm working in the yard tonight - hoping the rain stops by this evening so I can keep going on the yard.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 7/27/14 10:19 pm

Fruit and veggies this time of year are so wonderful.....

I have yet to really indulge in the local fruit yet....waiting for wild blueberries to appear at the market and then look out.....though you need to rob a bank before purchasing them......I will eat a good sized bowl every night with skim milk.....and don't get me started on peaches when in season......

Onward and
Downward

on 7/27/14 10:25 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I've already seen wild blueberries and bought some. And yeah, they're unbelievably expensive, but I still do it. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/14 12:40 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Come north and pick your own. LOL

Karen M.
on 7/28/14 1:41 am - Mississauga, Canada

And fight the bears for them?!

;)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/14 6:07 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

We fight the bears to go sit on our decks in my neighbourhood.  They like to come  and sit on my deck around 10pm just as it's getting dark.  They just make themselves at home.  I ran into one face to face on June 22nd while walking the dog at 930 pm.  Was quite the rush.  Looked out my bedroom window around 2 am a few nights ago and a big mama bear was walking down the middle of the street, she was easily 400 lbs.  They built my neighbourhood in the middle of their stomping grounds so this is just our normal.  Not even a blueberry to be found near here but we do have the bears.  :)

Karen M.
on 7/28/14 6:41 am - Mississauga, Canada

I am truly not brave enough to live far enough north that bears are daily visitors - I guess the human invaders are the visitors, really. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 7/27/14 10:40 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Blueberries. Just thinking about them makes my mouth water. Love them.

I am on vacation this week. We will be off soon camping. My son's girlfriend came up with idea of my daughter, son and us all camping this week. We have separate camp sites but will hang out a lot. They have a 6 years old to keep them busy. We are taking our dog. He is 90 lbs of shedding fur. So if it  rains which appears likely we will have a big smelly mess. My daughter has a small 8 lb dog. He loves to be on your knee. Not sure how that will work.

Also last night we filled her car with some things. I realised I sent the food and dishes with her. We will now probably have to get lunch out. I do not want to have to wait for her to show up. So no lunch listed

b yogurt, granola, blueberries (not Ontario LOL)

l not sure

s pure protein bar

d steak, salad, broccoli

s cherries

cal 777, carb 68.5, prot 56

crqvingchange
on 7/28/14 1:44 am

Good morning ladies, another late start for me today.  I can't seem to get comfortable at night, my incisions bother me a d didn't get to sleep until 4 am.  Barb enjoy your visit with your old friend, and Onwar you put me to shame getting all those chores done.

1 week post-op full fluids

B. 1 cup decaf and 1/4 cup cream of wheat with SF maple syrup

S. 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with orange/pineapple flavour added

L. 1/2 cup roasted pepper and tomato soup with 1/2 scoop Unjury unflavoured protein powder added

S. 1 Iogo dessert yogurt

D. 1 cup strained PC Thai chicken soup with 1/2 scoop protein powder added

S. 1 SF chocolate pudding

S2 if I'm up late again 1/2 cup apple/mango sauce

Have a good day everyone

Most Active