How are my Opti buddies doing?

Blueiiis
on 7/27/14 9:28 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Today is day 6, I can't believe almost a week has gone by.  I am SO exhausted, we are moving so it has been go-go-go all weekend.  Off to TWH tomorrow for the pre-op appointment, have a job interview first thing in the morning.   Crazy times right now!

Hope everyone is doing ok on Opti... I am loving it mixed with coffee. Makes it much more palatable.

Special shout out to Sassy my surgery twin :)

Zizzler
on 7/27/14 10:50 am

My favourite is cf coffee too, am on day 3.  Also good were adding coco powder, lemon jello, cherry jello, sf chai.  Do not feel hungry at all, it is more my brain that wants the food, my body is doing fine.

Maricw
on 7/27/14 12:25 pm - Oshawa, Canada

I am never hungry either but can't say I love them .... I am on day 4 and can't get passs 3 a day.... I am trying my best but  I fail each day to get the fourth on in....wishing u all the best ...my favorite is mixing the choclate and vanilla together and halving it up for 2 servings..

Referral - October 3-2013 /  Family Dr. Confirmed - October  31-2013 /  Orientation call - November 11-2013 / Orientation (HRRH) -November 25-2013 / 1st  Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh) - January 14-2014 /  SW/RN/RD - January 17-2014 / Dr Glazer March 25-2014/ 2nd Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh)- April 10-2014 / Surgery date - August 7-2014

cyko_chika
on 7/27/14 12:30 pm - Canada

I am on day 10 today, tomorrow is my half way point. The hunger and headaches subsided a few days in. I used coconut extract for the chocolate. Weight loss is at a stall. I lost 10lbs in the first few days, in total ive lost 13lbs. Only 11 more days to go here. Cheers opti friends. 

Julie99
on 7/27/14 10:21 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Week 1 done.  I'm top shape, still love the chocolate, didn't touch the vanilla again lol  I'm still hungry and do 4 shakes a day.  I wonder if it's all the water I'm taking after my shakes to wash down does metamucil caplets?  Maybe it flushes my shakes more faster...How do you guys do your metamucil?  But sometimes I forget to eat my 2 jello but I never forget my broth.  I love my cup of broth!  Hang in there people   

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

Sassy75
on 7/28/14 12:48 am - North York, Canada

Hey ladies!! (And my surgery twin Blueiis!!) so, day 8 of opti and I am starving!! Lol I was good the first few days but the last couple I am really hungry. I have also noticed, sorry for the TMI, that I have only gone #2 twice since staring opti. It is not hard, so no constipation, just nothing there. I may start taking Metamucil to get things moving. Anyone experience this?? Also I find my energy is a little low. And.... I keep asking hubby to smell my breath!! Lol I want to know if I have gone into ketosis yet!! lol don't own a scale so not sure if there has been any weight loss. What is everyone's starting weight?? 

DeeMishka
on 7/28/14 5:12 am
RNY on 08/08/14

Day 4 and so far I'm not hungry but seeming a bit grumpy because I want to eat with everyone else. I have been drinking mostly vanilla and I put coffee in it and sf jello it's not too bad. Chocolate I've been drinking by itself with ice to make it like a milk shake not really sure what else to try with it. 

And I have been sticking to about 1cup of my allowable vegetables and usually cucumbers and not because I'm hungry but because I miss chewing.

cyko_chika
on 7/28/14 5:12 am - Canada

My starting weight was 353lbs, I now weigh 323lbs but 14lbs of that was optifast loss. I too notice a huge change in my bowel movements. I may take a laxative. 

Blueiiis
on 7/28/14 5:54 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I am down 7lbs my first week, today's weight was 307lb at the hospital.  I don't trust my home scale as I can weigh myself then get off, get back on and it's a different weight.  

I have been adding coffee to my vanilla shakes - does the coffee have to be decaf? I know after it does.  

I am liking Orange Koolaid Drops (little squirty bottle) added to vanilla, ice and lots water.

DeeMishka
on 7/28/14 10:40 am
RNY on 08/08/14

I tried the red (cherry) liquid kool-aid in the vanilla and I really enjoyed it. I think I might try the pineapple coconut tomorrow for a change.

Most Active