I feel like i'm overeating...

new_me180
on 7/26/14 2:16 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

..in all actuality, i'm not. I barely get to 800 cals on any given day but, on paper my food looks a lot. I've been struggling with this issue for a few months, some days worse than others. I bumped my cals up a few months ago to try to get to that 800 cal mark, with some success 2-3 days a week, lol and with that change, i have started losing a great deal of weight and that weight loss seem to have jump started my hair loss again *sigh*. Well let me show you a sample so you guys can tell me if it's too much.

B      scrambled egg with a slice of cheese(sometimes a bite of banana)

L      1/3 cup tuna, 1/4 cup cucumbers, low fat dressing

D      1.5 oz protein, 1/3 cup veg, 1/4 cup some type of complex carb.

S       1/2 cup skimmed milk, 1.5 oz lean protein, 1 oz cheese(18 % MF), 8 grapes, !.5 oz lean protein.

My protein is almost always chicken and tuna. Sometimes salmon and not a lot of red meat(maybe once a week). I usually get to 75g - 80g of protein through food alone, 35-50g carbs and about 780 cals. I know this sounds ridiculous but, it seems a lot me. I guess i just need some reassurance from other members. Thanks

Karen M.
on 7/26/14 10:39 pm, edited 7/26/14 11:04 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Just sent you a PM about all of this :)

Keep on with what you are doing - it is working. XO

Edit!! OMG, SORRY! I did NOT send that PM to you LOL Sorry, morning-brain.

I will add, though, that my previous comment about doing the right things, stands. I know it somehow feels like a lot of food - in actuality, it is not. Keep on keepin on.

(off to get more coffee before I post willy-nilly on any other posts this morning. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

new_me180
on 7/27/14 4:24 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

LOL Karen, you're so funny. Seems weird after losing a lot of weight someone can be scared to eat. I'm gonna keeping plucking along until i reach goal.

Karen M.
on 7/27/14 5:35 am - Mississauga, Canada

Well, sometimes I'm a little afraid to eat too. I'll sit and question myself and then give my head a shake and tell myself to smarten up. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/27/14 12:10 am - Windsor, Canada

Try to get at least 800 calories.  You can bump it up a bit when you exercise too. Your stats are terrific and your rate of loss seems good according to you so.... You are doing a terrific job!

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

new_me180
on 7/27/14 4:29 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks Dawn. I've tried to get to 800 calories. I sometimes make it, sometimes not. I literally eat all day long, infact every two hours when i'm awake. I try to eat more calorie high fish like  mackerel and salmon and full fat dressing. Somehow sub consciously, i end up feeling like i need to exercise more to burn those those calories (i've got issues). I'm gonna push hard and try to get to my surgeons goal by my 1 yr anniversary in October.

Most Active