Struggling Post Op

Karen M.
on 7/27/14 12:22 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Yeah, we are all pretty much on whey isolate protein shakes for the most part. It is partially broken down and easiest to digest and absorb. Unfortunately, it does not affect the taste or personal taste preference. I am still waiting for a whey protein isolate that is Mojito flavoured. No such luck so far.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

redviking
on 7/27/14 5:11 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I am one day behind you, surgery on July 22. In guelph we are on clear fluids for the first week and I've had no problems with feeling sick. Maybe you shouldn't be pushing it yet.  Take it slow, don't expect to be 100%. Imagine all the energy your body needs to heal? No wonder we're a little sleepy!

Hope you feel better!  

Sonja

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

GiGisGirl
on 7/27/14 12:14 pm, edited 7/27/14 12:17 pm

Thank you so much for the positive words, I've been on full fluids since the day after my surgery.

gnoff886
on 7/27/14 12:47 pm
RNY on 07/16/14

I was having similar problems. My surgery was July 16th. I stuck with premier because there are 30g of protein per shake (vs Atkins 15). That way, I know I have to finish two a day. I'm tolerating them much better now, even though the taste is gross!

MeLite
on 7/27/14 1:10 pm

I had my VSG on the 21st too. I bought GNC Pro Performance whey isolate "vanilla ice cream" flavor, blend it with skim milk or almond milk, perhaps even unsweetened choc baking powder. It is tasty and yummy and doesn't taste like a "protein" shake to me. If it's the sweet u don't like, get Unjury unflavored or chicken flavor and mix it in tomato soup or strained bean w bacon. The liquid phase is so hard I've read. We just have to muster through.  Good luck! 

MeLite (VSG 7/21/14)

Most Active