First day of optifast

DeeMishka
on 7/25/14 1:10 am
RNY on 08/08/14

This morning was my first experience with optifast and I decided to drink my vanilla first because everyone says the chocolate is better this way I have something to work towards lol my vanilla doesn't taste all that day I made it with ice and sugar free French vanilla and some instant coffee and the taste isn't too bad but once I got about just over half way done my stomach started getting upset and turning and making me nauseous wondering if anyone else had this problem. I used about 450ml of water instead of 300ml.

Blueiiis
on 7/25/14 3:20 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I add a lot more than 300ml, I like it thinner.  The vanilla is not too bad, I have yet to mix with anything. I find that while it is not the greatest taste, at least it doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth for hours like the chocolate does*gag*.

Drink it super cold, in a cup that has a lid and straw. You can pick them up anywhere - Dollarama, walmart, target. I got mine at Costco - they are contigo brand and work great as it is also a shaker. 

Hang in there - you can do it!

Julie99
on 7/25/14 3:25 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Wish I could help but I like the chocolate.  I use 450 ml of water, 3 ice cubes and a bottle shaker.  I'm not fond of the vanilla.  Hang in there, one last step before surgery! 

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

Maricw
on 7/25/14 4:26 am - Oshawa, Canada

Second day is better for me, yesterday I didn't like vanilla..today I mixed it with some coco and sugar free orange jello... So at least it's going down ... I don't add extra water but I add lots of ice...I use the magic bullet.... I do get a little stomach sick for awhile but it's so heavy in there I have yet to be hungry....good luck and hope I get to meet you on my walk....

Referral - October 3-2013 /  Family Dr. Confirmed - October  31-2013 /  Orientation call - November 11-2013 / Orientation (HRRH) -November 25-2013 / 1st  Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh) - January 14-2014 /  SW/RN/RD - January 17-2014 / Dr Glazer March 25-2014/ 2nd Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh)- April 10-2014 / Surgery date - August 7-2014

Zizzler
on 7/25/14 5:22 am

First shake I threw up 3 times it was disgusting.  I used ice and 500ml water and it just felt like forever to fini****  Then I had a vanilla with banana sf flavour added.  I used more ice and less water and it was still nasty.  No vomiting that time. I think chugging it with my nose held closed works best.  The burps were really gross after.  Right now I am freezing cold, must be the opti flu as I am always warm.  I may try mint extract in chocolate for the next one.  Only 82 more to go!!

Karen M.
on 7/25/14 5:27 am, edited 7/25/14 5:28 am - Mississauga, Canada

Get a blanket, take a rest, stay hydrated - you sound depleted and dehydrated. This too shall pass.

Edited to add: And if you think in any way that I don't understand because I didn't have to do Opti over 8 years ago - I'd be more than happy to share my medical nightmare the past couple of years. Drink up!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

annw
on 7/25/14 5:39 am
RNY on 07/29/14

I trick to drinking the Optifast for me was two ice cubes, shake the crap out of it and drink it through a straw.  I had a very hard time with the vanilla and ended up taking two boxes back and exchanged it for the chocolate.  I have been on the Optifast for almost three weeks now (three days to go).  It does get easier.  Keep strong!

Karen M.
on 7/25/14 5:42 am - Mississauga, Canada

Power to you - a small step on the route to health.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active