What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

Karen M.
on 7/25/14 12:50 am - Mississauga, Canada

No, I'm not. At all.  I just know myself pretty well (hell, I've lived with me coming up on 47 years) and I know how to (try to) keep myself on track. Even if my world is a little nuts, I am (now) able to take control of what I have any say over.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 7/25/14 1:13 am

Good morning iladies, looks like a nice morning.  Today is my first day of full fluids so here goes

B 1 cup decac coffee with hazelnut sweetener and 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt with orange/pineapple flavouring

S 1 Source dessert yogurt latte

L 1/2 cup strained chicken a la king soup

S 1/4 cup apple sauce with mango

D 1/2 cup split pea soup pureed

S 1/2 cup Chike strawberry protein icecream

Have a good da

Karen M.
on 7/25/14 1:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the daily thread! Keep posting! Your menu looks right on track.

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 7/25/14 12:37 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Hey Barb, yes, isn't it amazing what a difference a few pounds makes in Onderland? I hover between 175 and 180, and strangely enough, I can actually feel the difference between 175 and 180. Maybe it's just psychological, but I don't think so - my clothes actually feel looser with only a five pound difference. It's so strange.  Anyhow, congratulations on finding a rhythm that works for you!

As for me...I haven't planned my meals today, unfortunately. I have a short day at work today, leaving at lunch, and then I think I'm making burgers tonight for supper. Promised the hubby I'd make gourmet doctored up oniony-garlicky-spicy burgers from scratch for him to grill. :) And that's basically all the food I have planned. Had an egg sandwich for breakfast this morning and a protein bar for a snack. I'll be hitting Costco on the way home so I might just cruise the aisles and see what their samples are. It's funny, but after surgery, just the samples themselves can be a meal as long as they're the right kind of stuff, and they often are okay.

Not a great eating plan today, but I do plan to follow the rules, do the protein thing, and it usually all turns out okay.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 7/25/14 12:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

YES. I notice a change in 3 pounds. If I'm having a "bloaty" day and up a couple, my clothes do NOT fit the same at all. When I was 290 I'm pretty sure I could have lost 30 before I would have noticed my clothing looser.

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 7/25/14 12:47 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Wow!  I'm not sure 3 lbs would make as much of a difference on me as it does you, since you're much thinner than I am. My clothes still fit, but they just feel a bit different. Anyhow, yeah, back in 300-land, it took at least 20 lbs before I really noticed any difference, and even then, only I could tell - the clothes still looked like they fit, mostly! Of course, I'm wearing much more form-fitting clothes now than I did then too, so that probably makes a difference.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 7/25/14 12:54 am, edited 7/25/14 12:56 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yeah, I actually do feel 3 pounds. I weigh pretty much daily, always have, and though I don't freak out about the scale, it does put me in check. When you're 120 pounds every pound (or 3) makes my jeans tight in the gut. lol

Edited to add: This is one of those days. Mysteriously my scale is at 123 (of course it had nothing to do with too much salt yesterday and an unfortunate gift of a few melt-away chocolates). LOL It passes, I move on, and my body re-sets itself where it belongs and is comfortable.

Karen

Most Active