What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 7/24/14 7:08 pm

RNY  5 Years 3 Months Post Op

Morning

Woke at 4 A.M. raring to go.....and of course this is the morning I didn't have to jump up for something.....I have nothing planned other then hospital visits....times 2 or 3.....I have a fun day tomorrow....my favorite golf day of the year with my pals.....looking forward to some laughs

I seem to have developed this pattern of 5-6 clean eating days....followed by a few days of eating extra's I want...( bread - glass of wine etc )...then back to clean eating....and its working for me....key being getting back to basics after a few days of treats.....a slow progression down on the scale......I am down a size now in tops.....and almost back into my smaller shorts....I cant believe the difference 5-10 pounds makes when you are not morbidly obese.....used to take 20 pounds at least to feel loosening in my pants....now I feel a few pound gain or loss....

STEPS - 7980

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 2 ham-cheese-pickle roll ups made with 3 slices of blue menu ham and 1/2 slice of low fat swiss each

S - 3 wasa with 3/8 of a cup of shredded habanero cheese melted on top

D - 4 oz beef tenderloin

1/2 cup of green beans

1 small slice of pretty darn good bread

8 oz merlot

S - 2 Source dessert yogurt.....I find this stuff a real saviour.....really takes the place of sweets for me......when I just WANT something

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,287,  Carbs - 67 Grams,  Fat - 35 Grams,  Protein - 132 Grams

All water....likely 3 litres....plus another litre of decaf coffee....all vits

Have a great one  

TanyaLH
on 7/24/14 10:09 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

13 months post op

steps 13015

Good morning,

Enjoy your day of "nothing planned" Barb :) I love days like that, just pick up and go when you feel like doing somthing.

Unfortunately, I have lots to do today. Dog walks, laundry, grocery shopping, banking...the list goes on...oh well, keeps me busy.

My part time job has turned into full time starting next week! Yayyyy So by the time EI gets their shiiiit together, I won't need EI.

B- 1 cup blueberry protein shake, coffee

S- 1/2 cup left over blueberry shake

L- 3 slice chicken bacon, 1/2 cup sweet kale salad

D- 1 cup TVP chili, 1 Charras Tosdito

S- 1/3 cup greek yogurt

Be well everyone,

Tanya

Onward and
Downward

on 7/25/14 12:44 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

So great that you've landed on your feet, Tanya. Congrats!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 7/24/14 11:21 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope the weather holds out for you tomorrow Barb. Not looking like a great weekend. Biked into work today. I realised why I like biking home. It is gradual but it is slowing up hill to work. Although I was cool I was also sweating! I really do not know how Michelle can do this. Her ride is so much harder. So I will bike home tonight. After dinner we will be walking the Jazz Festival. I would have liked to go out for dinner but we can't move our car or we will not be able to park again until late tonight. My daughter has already asked for the driveway. Most places on Queen St will be packed. I also hope to talk my husband into not taking our dog. He is big and there is no room for him. He also howls to some of the bands.

I am trying orange ginger tea protein drink today. I like using mint tea but decided to spice it up.

b yogurt, blueberries

s banana (had cramps last night in my foot hoping this will help)

l chicken in salsa, cabbage salad

s protein tea

d salmon, peas, salad

not sure about snack

cal 900, Carb 90, prot 80.6

Onward and
Downward

on 7/25/14 12:42 am, edited 7/25/14 12:43 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Congrats on biking to work!  I don't know, I guess I'm just a morning person and I like the exercise in the morning. Of course, I say this today, on a beautiful day when I took the car to work. But that's because I have errands to run on the way home, otherwise I'd have taken my bike.  The other thing I do is, if it's warm and I think I'm going to sweat much while biking, I'll wear a t-shirt and shorts, and change into my work clothes at work (and I bring something really compact like a sundress or something that folds up small). I have two baskets on my bike (front and back) so I can carry a little bag with me with a change of clothes. Or sometimes I'll wear bike shorts under a light summer dress that's nice and airy, so I don't sweat as much.

I think it would be hilarious to hear a dog howling along to a jazz band, but I guess that's me!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

kellybelly333
on 7/24/14 11:24 pm - Toronto, Canada

Isn't it amazing the difference 5 pounds makes now? I almost feel bad for all those times I told my skinny friends to eff off when they whined about gaining 5 pounds and having to lose it. And now, here we are. The few extra pounds makes a big difference in running for me. (and i'm talking about too many carb pounds, not the possible muscle weight). 

Ran for an hour this morning, felt great. Off to see the surgeon this aft about the possible hernia. Of course, it's nowhere to be found at the moment :-)

All water and vits

Forgot my lunch at home :-( We had fish (rainbow trout for me, salmon for him....wish I liked salmon!!) and tomatoes last night. Ah well. 

Usual goat yogurt mix for me this morning, followed by coffee. I'll grab something at the hospital for lunch (maybe chili or a salad from Druxy's), and no plans for dinner yet!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Onward and
Downward

on 7/25/14 12:51 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

You reminded me that we have leftovers too!  Yay!  That takes the thinking away. :) Glad you enjoyed your run. It was a nice morning for it - not so humid today.

Is it Dr. Aarts you're seeing or Cyriac? Cyriac just did my gastroscopy yesterday at TEGH. The results seemed weird to me. He checked off both that everything was normal AND that they did a biopsy. Which makes me wonder: if everything is normal, what did they find to do a biopsy on?  Anyhow, supposed to make an appointment in the next 6 weeks to discuss it, so I guess we'll see. I'm not that worried about it. He says if I get the same pains (felt like gallbladder but no stones showed up so he thinks it's probably "sludge" in my gallbladder), that we can just take the gallbladder out, but for now he'd rather not do unnecessary surgery. Which is just fine with me.

Karen M.
on 7/25/14 1:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

They pretty regularly do a biopsy at the same time - saves them (and you) from having to go in again to diagnose any problem.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 7/24/14 11:31 pm, edited 7/25/14 12:33 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning,

Been sitting here staring at the screen trying to figure out what I'm eating today and not succeeding. lol Amazing how one's mood affects the simplest of tasks, and one so important.

Have a good day everyone, back on board (so to speak) tomorrow.

K. :)

Nevermind, I got this. The key to dealing with things out of your control is taking control of things that you can. I feel uncomfortable if I don't have an eating plan for the day.

B - coffee with cream x 2, iogo 0%

S - Premier protein shake

L - 2 Mexican egg bites (muffin size), mixed veggie green salad, a little dressing

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - 1.5 C chili, 1/4 C shredded cheddar

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Onward and
Downward

on 7/25/14 12:45 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

You're a better woman than I am, Karen. Haha.

Actually, I just remembered that we have leftover Chinese food so I'll probably have some of that (the protein stuff, not so much the rice) for lunch when I get home from Costco.

Most Active