Dr. Glazer cleared... I think

Seyenna
on 7/23/14 3:56 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I was cleared by Dr. Glazer I think. I have to take some antibiotics for an infection in my stomach, he says it's common and will not affect my surgery. Has anyone else had something like this? He brushed it off with a prescription, and he did not specifically say that I had to go back, but their office called me back and said I needed to go for more blood work. So I'm not really sure where I stand now.

As a side note, he was hilarious and his assistant was wonderful.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Karen M.
on 7/23/14 9:46 pm, edited 7/23/14 9:47 pm - Mississauga, Canada

It is probably H.Pylori, which is treated with an antibiotic, and quite a few others here have had it as well. If you're in doubt however, call his office for more information - I *think* they'll want to do a follow-up to make sure it's gone.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Seyenna
on 7/23/14 10:00 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

You're right, that was the name of it.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Karen M.
on 7/23/14 11:25 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Ahhh... well, that's why they want more blood work from you then. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Dolly K.
on 7/24/14 12:21 am, edited 7/24/14 5:47 am

Karen, I was told even though you do a one week treatment for H Pylori - it shows +Ve in your system for almost a year..... which I though was wierd. Seyenna, please let me know how your retest shows as I have gone through the same thing about 2 weeks ago!

NewMe2.0
on 7/24/14 1:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

I tested positive for the H Pylori.  And yes, you will continue to test positive with a blood test, even after the antibiotics.  You have to go have a special test at the nuclear medicine dept of a hospital.  Its easy-- all you have to do is breathe into a foil type balloon.

It did not prevent me in any way from having my surgery.  I would call and ask what the other blood tests are for, just to ease your mind.

Try not to worry.

Vicky

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Most Active