I woke up with s stuffy nose and a sore throat!!!!

Sassy75
on 7/24/14 10:20 pm - North York, Canada

OMG!!! Are they going to cancel my surgery if i am sick?!?! It is in 16 days! I am praying that this is just cuz I slept bad last night!!! Any advise??

Jiliana2
on 7/24/14 10:58 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I think I've heard most folks on here indicate that as long as it was just a headcold, it wasn't a reason to cancel surgery. Their surgeons went ahead with it anyway.

Do your colds usually last that long? That would be one heck of a cold!

If you are sick within the day or two prior to surgery, then I think you might wish to contact your surgeon to verify what he/she would want to do. But this far ahead, I wouldn't worry too much.

Feel better soon!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/14 11:12 pm

Relax hon, your surgery is in just over 2 weeks, if it is a cold you will be well on the mend by then, dont sweat the small stuff. You will be fine!! 

Catw
on 7/24/14 11:16 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I wouldn't worry about it.  It may be a cold, or it could just be allergies.  I tend to get mucus in my lungs regularly, not much, but enough to feel it vibrate a little when I breathe deep.  I had this when I went for surgery at the Civic (it's a teaching hospital, so there is usually  more than one of everything) and the student questioned the anastethiologist (sp?) about it, I coughed and he listend to my chest and I still went under.  Came out fine.

For your own sake, take care of it.  If you are on Opti, not sure about what meds you can take if it is a cold, but you can always use Vicks.  I use it, and my Mom uses it and she has health problems that can get bad if she doesn't take care of her colds when they start.

Cathy

Blueiiis
on 7/25/14 2:49 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon!

Most Active