What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

TanyaLH
on 7/23/14 10:30 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

13 months post op

steps 13684

Good morning ladies,

Yay for the weight loss Barb! Yay for sleeping in as well!!!!

Karen, have fun keeping ahead of the weeds :)

Not much happening today, I am fighting with EI as they still haven't processed my claim and it has been 35 days since I applied. They say it takes 28 days to process. I can't even get through to them. If their call volume is high they just tell you that and disconnect you. No waiting on hold....grrrr. I just want to know if something needs to be fixed to process my claim... frustrated!

Not sure what the easts will be today, not feeling to good. Dr appointment this morning then the last couple boxes will be unpacked and put away.

B- Decafe protein coffee, small banana

L- 1/2 cup greek yogurt...

S- 1 cup homemade protein shake (almond milk protein powder 4 strawberries)

D- 2 slices chicken bacon, 3 slices tomato, 1 slice Weigh****chers WW bread toasted twice

S- Source yogurt

Be well everyone,

Tanya

Karen M.
on 7/23/14 11:11 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Sorry you're not feeling well AND I'm sorry you're trying to actually get ahold of someone at a government agency. Life truly sucks for you today.

LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TanyaLH
on 7/23/14 11:55 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

LOl...Life doesn't truely suck today, just a little frustrated! It will pass and all will be good again. The great thing is, I am not eating my way through this crap like I would do in the past :)

Karen M.
on 7/24/14 12:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

You're right, it will pass and YES, it's such a feeling of empowerment to know that we have other strategies to deal with frustration and stress that don't include eating! :)

Karen

Patm
on 7/23/14 11:21 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

EI can be the worst. Years ago I showed up at their office with a new baby and toddler. The claim had not been process and it was over due. We needed the money. I was sent up to the office where the actual claims clerks were. After waiting forever my son was getting cranky. I told him to go ahead. A supervisor came by to ask why I was waiting. Things move really fast after that LOL. It had been sitting on someones desk!

Hope you feel better

kellybelly333
on 7/23/14 11:09 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning all,

Had my belated three year appointment with my NUT at TWH this week. One pound up from last year, and .4 above a "normal" BMI. Pretty happy with that. I feel good here :-)

The big news is that I got the OK to go ahead and.....train for a full IronMan. OMG.....writing the words is scary! But something I want to do, just once. I will be training with a coach (now friend) who has completed 7 IMs. I said to her that I was afraid that I nutritionally couldn't do it, and she thought I should be fine. My NUT confirmed it, there is no reasons why I couldn't get the nutrition in for what will be probably about 15 hours of exercise in one day. 

Gah!

Anyhow, my other news is that i'm going back to TWH tomorrow to see the surgeon about a possible umbilical hernia. Something hard keeps popping up beside my belly button. Nothing painful, but thought I should get it check out anyway. 

Rest day today. Probably won't get in 10K steps, and i'm good with that :-)

Not really a planned menu today. Breakfast is my usual goat yogurt mix. Lunch will be some sort of protein and veggies, unsure what ross is making us for dinner :-) 

Have a good one!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 7/23/14 11:22 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Very glad you're getting that checked out - it certainly sounds like a hernia. Your plans for an IronMan is awesome - I have no doubt that you can do anything you put your mind (and body) to. :)

On a whiny note, I wish I had someone to make ME dinner for a change. lol

Karen

kellybelly333
on 7/24/14 12:46 am - Toronto, Canada

I admit, I am super-lucky for my little man. He makes yummy yummy foodzzz. 

Thanks for the confidence that I will finish my IM. I still think it's weird that I even LOVE running, not just LIKE it....and there's no ice cream truck in front of me or a bear behind me making me do it.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

libra1
on 7/24/14 3:05 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

You guys are cracking me up! You're all very funny this morning.  

I had popcorn for the first time since surgery last week when I went to see "Tammy" (thumbs down)... I couldn't get over how salty it was ... I renamed it poop-corn for obvious reasons. I won't be doing that again.

Weather in Vancouver has been a bit grey and wet but I still manage to get a walk or some yoga in daily. Kelly-- so impressed by all you have achieved!! 

Don't have great access to a computer here but I try to log on when I can. I've been pretty good about what I eat and I'm happy to say I've lost a couple of pounds. I'm now down to 180lbs...only 30 more to my personal goal.

Wishing everyone a great day...I'll update you when I can. 

kellybelly333
on 7/24/14 7:43 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks for the kind words on my achievements! Congrats on getting only 30 to goal! Amazing job! I'd live to visit Vancouver. I'm sure I'll get there someday!

Most Active