3 weeks of optifast...how will I survive?

4-Jane
on 7/18/14 1:03 pm - Canada

From the bulk zone you can also buy root beer exact, I liked the orange and mint best as well as vanilla but I did not like the chemical taste of the other additives which I had bought lots of.  I used a ton of ice cold water and a cup with a straw to block the smell.  The broth was a nice treat in my second week I ate it only with a spoon like soup.  The jello is not very good or at least I did not like it.  And I was also allowed sugar free freezies but did not like them either, yikes  Come to think of it I still have them...... It gets easy stay busy, start nesting it helped me a lot.  And drink more water than you think you possible can best wishes are being sent your way

Respectfully Jane
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/14 2:19 pm

Hi!! I also had to do 3 weeks. You will survive, I promise you. Just follow the instructions you were given and keep your eyes on the prize! 

Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/18/14 3:51 pm

My go tos were coconut and peppermint extracts, and cherry failover mio/ ads anti dopes.  The cherry and coconut went well with either chocolate or vanilla and the peppermint chocolate was great for making Opti pudding - just use less water than for a shake.  I had Opti pudding almost every night for dessert.

highlandbear
on 7/18/14 10:13 pm - Canada

i did 3 weeks and it was not bad at all. You will get use to it. The biggest thing is to use real cold cold water. I use to freeze water and use that once it melted down. Keeping your eye on the goal helps. These days I wish I could go back to Opti.

providence
on 7/20/14 8:50 am
RNY on 03/20/14

It is very difficult. I believe another poster mentioned that it is one of the things they don't talk too much about. You will get through it and it is worth it. Do get yourself a cup with a lid and straw so you don't have to smell it, it really does help. Also, use lots of ice and get a good shaker (the one with a ball in it) and shake the heck out of it. I found drinking it quickly and not thinking too much about it helpful. I had good days and bad days, but all in all 3 weeks went by fairly quickly. Keep yourself busy so you don't have too much time to "over think". Most of all good luck and keep your eye on the prize!!!

pegawatt
on 7/23/14 9:56 am - Canada

That's nothing to worry about I was on it for 8 months and never let it bother me . So glad to get the chance to lose the weight even like it after awhile just use ice water crystal light and shake. Easy AND ACCEPTANCE helps the most!!

Most Active