What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

TanyaLH
on 7/16/14 9:02 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

oh....thats sounds sooo good! Maybe a Sunday morning breakfast!

Thanks for sharing Karen :)

Karen M.
on 7/16/14 9:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

You're most welcome! My mom, who is Celiac, was so excited by Tiffany's recipe that she immediately made it for lunch today. lol

I love it when people teach me things. Something new and yummy to add to my menu for sure. :)

sabrinastrength
on 7/15/14 10:55 pm - Canada
Morning everyone!

3 more work days left until vacation! It's scary to think at this time last year I was just starting my Optifast! I cringe everytime I think of it. My Opti experience was not so good and I was in Florida for the entire time. I'm trying to decide how to spend my 1 year surgiversary on August 2. My last meal was actually at the Cheesecake Factory with an amazing piece of cheesecake. The good thing is that real cheesecake tastes really horrible to me now (it's the sugar), but they have a Splenda Low Carb one I might try a couple bites of to celebrate!

As for what I'm eating today - it's the same old!

B - all bran/smart bran & 1% milk and 1/2 scoop protein powder

S - Shake & coffee

L - 1/2 great low carb bagel & 1tbs peanut butter and nsa jam. Maybe some mini banana on top

S - 2% plain greek yogurt & kiwi

D - 2oz chicken breast with some sort of sauce on it, veggies (that kale salad from costco is TOO yummy)

S - 1/4 cup Soya nuts (delicious and high in protein. I definitely recommend checking them out).

I'm stuck at 215lbs right now for the past couple of months - I'm not sure what to try to kick it into gear again. I've adjusted my eating a couple of times so far. What does everyone else do at this stage?

have a good one!

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

Monica9811
on 7/16/14 12:43 am - Peterborough, Canada

I am not an expert but just quickly looking at this it seems higher in carbs and I think your protein at dinner is low-I think you should be eating 4 oz of chicken.  2 doesn't seem like enough.  I find I lose weight when I get real protein in and lots of it-I don't mean lots in the old sense but in our new world.  You have done amazing though.  I would follow the menus on here and maybe track it in myfitnesspal and see how your numbers look....good luck!

sabrinastrength
on 7/16/14 1:41 am - Canada
Thanks Monica! I do use my fitness pal religiously! I actually use it when planning the meals for the day.

For example, my meal today without my dinner and 3rd snack added is:

Cal - 718
Carb - 59
Protein - 80
Fat - 24
Sugar - 28

I never let my carbs go higher than my protein. But it is higher because of my fiber cereal in the morning I can't do without! Lol!

My only issue with meat is that I have trouble eating more than 2-3oz. I've done some readjusting the past week or two so I'm hoping to see if that will help. Thanks for the tips
I was hoping to be able to work to get down to 200lbs by my 1 year anniversary, but also that would be 130lbs lost my first year which I find a bit drastic. I like where I am but don't like being stuck for so long!

Monica9811
on 7/16/14 3:32 am - Peterborough, Canada

those numbers look good!  Sometimes just switching the routine a bit might help. I know we all tend to eat a lot of the same stuff day in and day out because it is easy.

I think your weight loss has been awesome and we always want a few more pounds lost by a certain date.  it will come!!

Karen M.
on 7/16/14 4:14 am - Mississauga, Canada

I often can't eat 4 or 5 oz of dense protein at a time either - I often spread it out, even though dinner says 4 oz, it may be 2 now, 2 later.

Your menu and numbers look really good. Make sure you're getting all your water/fluids in and hang in there - you're doing everything right. And don't be afraid to add a little fat to your diet like they told you - never know what might help kick-start a loss!

Your surgiversary sf cheesecake sounds like a real treat - enjoy!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

sabrinastrength
on 7/16/14 5:01 am - Canada
Thanks so much for the support! I will keep you updated if anything changes! fingers crossed!

Patm
on 7/15/14 11:37 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Karen, Yes I have water. SO I don't smell LOL. My shower this morning never felt so good.

What is it about birthdays that can bum you out. Maybe it's people telling me about their relatives who died in their early 80's. I guess this gets me thinking of my mortality at the ripe old age of 63. Oh well I am slowing getting more cheerful and looking forward to treating myself to a skinny sf mocha latte from Starbucks.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s chick peas, baby bel

l deli turkey and slice cheese, cabbage salad

s skinny latte

d salmon patties, salad

s not sure possible wine

cal 1002, carb 79.2, prot 87.6

Onward and
Downward

on 7/15/14 11:42 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

It's your birthday??  Happy birthday! :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active