Is it common?

Almostthere1966
on 7/14/14 11:28 am - Canada

Hello all

More questions.

First stage of post op with fluids seemed so easy and not difficult to handle but now on my third day of soft foods and having difficulty adjjusting  physiucally . I mean It takes several hours to get a small amount of soft foods in then I get so tired so easily that exercise has decreased by almost half. Is this common? Perhaps it is the foods I am eating? I am feeling anxious and upset  because things seem to have changed so drastically   and I am afraid my current progress will be lost.

Kathy

Karen M.
on 7/14/14 11:44 am - Mississauga, Canada

Kathy, take a breath. Allowing yourself to become anxious and upset isn't going to help you.

Eating and drinking is now you FULL TIME JOB - congratulations! Too bad they don't pay you. lol

You're going to go through all sorts of ups and downs with your energy, your moods, your ability (or inability) to eat certain things... this is all part of the healing/learning process.

Hang in there, girl. You're doing things right and you're doing a good job.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

JJ_
on 7/14/14 12:39 pm

Hi Kathy,

Your insides are still swollen and will be for about 3 months.  After 3 months you will notice a change in ability to eat.  Then again around 6 months.  Your body is trying to process what you have eaten.  Plus you recently have major surgery.  Take a nap instead of exercise.  Baby your body at this stage.  You are not eating enough to do major exercise anyway. 

Welcome to the journey of working things out.  Eventually they should stabilize and life will become more regulated.

Judy

Almostthere1966
on 7/14/14 2:32 pm - Canada

Thanks

Finally have some time for myself. My guys have gone to bed and my son begins a new job tomorrow Yeahhhhhh haha  I will try to ease up on myself  and just go day by day instead of week by week as the book says hehehe. Still following instructions though.

Take care all have a great evening and Stay safe

Kahy

Linsie
on 7/15/14 9:09 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Hey I definitely understand that stage! I ate next to nothing for the first month after surgery. The mush made me nauseated, and that was just the thought of it! I vomited quite a bit, fainted almost every day, mind you I'm sure I was malnourished. What kept me sane was sugar free freezies. Easy to eat, I had no pain with them and they gave me something in my body. As the previous ladies said, you're still healing and your hormones are super wacked lol don't exercise more than a few short walks. 

Most Active