Hey everyone question about puréed diet

Carbasics
on 7/9/14 9:27 am - Etobicoke, Canada

I have a list that I got from the TWH Of what I could eat but is there anything else that's not listed? Like I know I can drink decaf tea but can I add sugar or sweetener? And can I put a bit of mayo? Salt? kitchup? Or mustard? 

If anyone has any good ideas plz let me know thank you I would really appreciate it 

Referral sent- January 31/14 Referral received- February 14/14 Information Session TWH- April 2/14 Social Worker- April 7/14 Nurse PractitionerApril 7/14 Psychometry- April 22/14 Nutrition ClassMay 6/14 Nutrition Assessment- May 16/14 Meet Surgeon - June 5/14 Surgery Date - June 23/14

Monica9811
on 7/9/14 10:17 am - Peterborough, Canada

Definite no sugar!  Sweetener is ok. I loved chili during that stage and cottage cheese and Greek yogur****ch your sugar content and sugar alcohols. They can make you feel quite sick. Good luck. 

highlandbear
on 7/9/14 11:26 am - Canada

you can add salt,mustard. I would watch the ketchup because of the sugar that is in it.  Sweetener is fine. The problem with the sugar it can cause a person to dump. 4 1/2 years out and if i get to much sugar by accident i am in trouble. Just take it slow and use common sense and you will be fine

StephLE78
on 7/10/14 1:53 pm

I noticed in the grocery store (Superstore/Sobeys) there is a sugar free ketchup by Heinz made with sorbitol and other sugar alcohols.  I've got it and it's not bad, more liquidy than normal ketchup.  I'm 9 weeks out.  

Sassy75
on 7/9/14 12:57 pm - North York, Canada

I sent you a message. Check your inbox

Philbrow1
on 7/9/14 1:05 pm - Stirling, Canada

Hi how are you 

OneByte
on 7/11/14 11:17 pm - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

I'm with TWH as well. Sweetener is ok. Mayo is also ok, but I found my favourite food while on pureed was tuna with cottage cheese (instead of tuna). Put it in the food processor and was delicious. High in protein too.

Karen M.
on 7/11/14 11:22 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Tuna with cottage cheese (instead of tuna) sounds like cottage cheese to me.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active