plastics covered?

franky13
on 7/8/14 1:49 am

loosing 0% of my body weight (almost 6 lbs to go) has made for some very loose very unattractive skin. I know you can get pani covered but has anyone every heard of others being covered and how/what cir****tances.  For instance my ortho guy is worried about hanging skin over my knees that have osteo arthritis and damage?  any help/advice is appreciated - one year coming us Aug 1st

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

Catw
on 7/8/14 2:30 am - Arnprior, Canada

The only coverage I know of is the pani and a breast reduction.  Both require medical reasons to have it done (i.e. severe rash for pani, back problems for breast reduction).  On top of that, you may not get approved first try, some have to appeal to get coverage.

Cathy

kimber291
on 7/8/14 9:38 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Lol Cathy. I had a reduction back in 2007. Now that I've lost the weight there isn't much there. Wonder if they would put some back in lol. They could take it from the panni and put it in for boobs ;-D

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Mary A.
on 7/8/14 2:38 am

Appandix D of the MOHLTC website lays out the requirements as follows:

PDF] Appendix D - Ontario

www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/program/ohip/.../append.pdf Appendix D April 1, 2012 ..... Panniculectomy is only insured in the following cir****tances and when ... approval of the General Manager of OHIP is required.

SUB-SURFACE PATHOLOGY

16. Excision of excess fatty tissue and/or skin

a. Panniculectomy is only insured in the following cir****tances and when prior authorization of payment is obtained from the MOHLTC:

i. where there is significant associated symptomatology related to the pannus;

ii. where the pannus extends to a level below the pubis symphysis; and

iii. where the patient’s weight has been stable for a minimum of 6 months when panniculectomy is requested in relation to weight loss.

b. Excision of excess fatty tissue and/or skin other than for panniculectomy is not an insured service.

[Commentary:

Examples of significant clinical symptomatology include significant pain, chronic skin breakdown, and recurrent cellulitis and/or ulcers.]

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

lexxiblue
on 7/8/14 4:20 am
RNY on 01/11/12

just remember to keep documentation... the p/s i saw said i should have documentation from my doc for ohip approval

Most Active