Taking a break from this forum

Zizzler
on 7/4/14 12:30 am

For nearly a year I have been an active member of this forum, supporting others as much as I can and becoming as prepared as I can for surgery. Yesterday I experienced an emotional crisis and turned to this forum for support.  While most people gave respectful supportive advice others were not helpful at all and a few were even abusive and cruel. I have never had to block people before but I had to block 2 people yesterday. I feel betrayed and disappointed. I sincerely wish I had not shared that information and have asked OH to remove the topic altogether. Yesterday also made me realize I have been focusing my energy too much on this group and it is not healthy. So I am taking a break from posting to the forum for the time being and am seriously considering deactivating my account. 

RYMEBE73
on 7/4/14 1:58 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

so sorry that 2 out of so many can ruin someone's trust in an open forum where you aren't to be judged, just sharing your thoughts, looking for advice, etc...it really does suck, hoping you still give it a chance as you've blocked the unwanted members...

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Karen M.
on 7/4/14 2:19 am - Mississauga, Canada

While I respect your decision, I see no reason to allow a couple of negative comments to separate you from a group of supportive people at a time in your life when you may just need a little guidance and support. If that were the case, I would have left.....oh, about 20 times over the past 9 years. lol

Be well.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/14 3:17 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi,

I hope you take time and reconsider.  I think people are for the most part just trying to help you and provide insight.  I would ignore negative feedback and focus on replies of support with advice from those who have gone through the process and can help.

Good luck either way and i hope things work out for you.

Kelly

4-Jane
on 7/4/14 6:17 am - Canada

During my two plus year wait I also took a step back from the forum I found it tough to watch other race through the process while I was waiting. For me location was my greatest barrier.  I still need to remind myself to compare myself to no one.  I read and post for information sharing and the desire to offer a hand if I can but I try to be careful.  Come back when you can, time heals if we let it

Respectfully Jane
Almostthere1966
on 7/4/14 6:25 am - Canada

Hi Zizzler

I jus ot back from a doctor appointment and came here to share my good news but also to check up on my friends nd acquaintances and tell you all a sad event tha has recenly happened. Bu riht now s my focus on you. I know we barely know each other and I do appreciae hat but please don cut your self off completly from the board just ake a break and come back once na while. I would always be looking for you and wondering and hoping you are ok

Your friend Kathy with a shoulder to carry the world and only askin for a tissue n return.

Laurie C.
on 7/4/14 6:49 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I'm sorry you feel that way but maybe you have a good point and a break is a good idea. 

Remember tho' there is a lot of really really good information on this site. 

Post again when you're ready.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Mary A.
on 7/8/14 2:34 am

That's kind of sad..I have been a member for a few years and I don't always check on here daily, sometimes not even weekly, and I skim the topics, therefore some topics don't get read OR I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute.

I hope that you found support elsewhere and sorry if some of those that did respond on here weren't supportive

It is better for you to remain emotionally strong and make the decision to take a break and help yourself..because truly in the end all we can do is rely on ourselves for the most part.

wishing you well on your decision and future

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active