Social Worker TWH Monica

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/14 9:16 am - Toronto, Canada

I am very nervous about my next appointments, something in my mind is still saying 'maybe you won't get approved' Is this a normal fear? I have a BMI of 42 or so, with no diagnosed co morbs. I do have joint pain, and trouble functioning throughout the day, doing the daily duties others can easily do. I have become such a recluse, and feel like my quality of life is so poor...

Anyway, I have read a few nightmare stories in dealing with the social workers and I am pretty scared about it. Anyone have Monica at TWH? I hope it goes OK...

:)

Referral sent- April 9th/14 Orientation TWH- June 25th/14  Social Worker- July 9th/14  Nurse Practitioner- July 30th/14 Psychometry- TBA Nutrition Class- TBA Nutrition Assessment- TBA Meet Surgeon - TBA Surgery Date -TBA

Blueiiis
on 7/3/14 12:16 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I met with her, she is lovely. I was so nervous, I told her that... Not to mention I had battled through a snowstorm to get there so I was a little rattled to begin with.  Try not to worry, she is really nice. Some questions are tough, but just be honest. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/14 1:41 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks for easing my nerves a bit! All I can do is be honest, thanks again...

LynTO
on 7/3/14 9:27 pm - Canada

Hi Blueiiis, 

what kind of questions does the social worker ask??

Dreamy74
on 7/3/14 11:40 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi all!  I am going today at TWH to see Lynn and I am really nervous.  Has anyone had Lynn?  Does anyone know what kinds of questions the social worker will ask?

mum2TNT
on 7/4/14 12:11 pm - Oshawa, Canada

hugs girl,  you will be fine!!! They have probably done this a thousand + times so just be honest, they can see though the bull**** anyhow LOL 

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

LynTO
on 7/5/14 5:14 pm - Canada

Hi Jennifer,

Hope all went well at your appt!

Lyn

LynTO
on 7/5/14 5:18 pm - Canada
Most Active