What are you eating/doing today?(Thursday)

Karen M.
on 7/3/14 1:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

It's been a lifesaver for me too. The connections and friendships and support were, and are, a big part of my success. To find a group of people who actually "get" what you're going through is priceless.

You have a fabulous day too!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Brenda T.
on 7/3/14 2:04 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12

Hello all, it's been a long time since I've posted.  I have been reading though and am thrilled with the support going on here.

Karen M. You are awesome!!  My weight has been steady around 135, but was 131, I eat way more then I should have and worried about gaining.  I can hear you say " well get back to basics" ok, great point. Lol I will. Does your weight go up and down?  It seems like you eat so little it looks like you would still lose.

i'm just over 2years post op and am loving my new life.  I just hate being so scared of gaining the weight back.

have a great day you beautiful people!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Karen M.
on 7/3/14 2:27 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my GAWD, Brenda! So happy to see you! I saw your avatar on the post and I couldn't get here fast enough to say hey. xo

You are doing awesomely well - good for you! Fear of regain is a constant. What you learn is how to accommodate for slips and treats along the way. That's just LIFE happening. Yes, it does appear that I eat little, many days, but generally I'm at between 1200-1500 calories per day. Protein is still first, wherever I can get it. When you look at a "low" day on my menu, keep in mind that I leave a little room for treats, slips and nibbles. (Sounds silly, I know) After over 8 years of living this, it's truly second nature to eat as I do. Unbelievably, I still have excellent restriction - just plain lucky I guess.

YES, my scale fluctuates. I go from 118 to 123 at any given time. My body mostly seems to be comfortable at 120 pounds, so I go with that as a "maintenance" goal which I have only in the last 6 months re-evaluated. I was terribly ill in 2013 - got down to about 103 pounds and had to work hard to regain some weight to be healthy, in a healthy way. Prior to that, I was perfectly happy at 130 pounds. I'd still be happy there. The body does what it does. And I'm aging. LOL

Seeing you just made my day.

K.

Karen

Brenda T.
on 7/3/14 4:26 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12

Lol thank you for the excitement, you just made my day.  I am so happy you are much healthier now. The eating thing makes sense, and I have stuck to the rule on not eating more than a cup so I still have a lot of restriction, which I am happy for.  I want to continue to be a success like you, and many others on here.

thanks for replying.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Karen M.
on 7/3/14 6:02 am - Mississauga, Canada

Well we made each other's day then. So happy that you're doing well! Keep posting, it's great to see your smiling face :)

Karen

Most Active