Donating size 26/28 women's clothing

sabrinastrength
on 7/2/14 3:01 am - Canada
As I'm almost 1 year post-op, I've come to realize that I have an abundance of size 26/28 clothing that I just can't wear anymore (YAY!). From summer to winter clothes, jackets, shoes etc... I have it all! I was a bit of a fashionista so the varieties of clothing I have is enormous. I'm hoping to find a good home to donate them to, before giving them away to charity. I also have work clothes that are stylish and flattering to larger women and some beautiful formal/summery dresses.

I live in the Burlington area, and am hoping to get rid of them relatively quickly. Please let me know if you are interested!!

I look forward to hearing from you

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

aamber02
on 7/2/14 6:37 am

Just a heads up, make sure you are giving them to someone who will actually use them or pass them along to someone who can. I am part of a clothing exchange and we have had some issues with people taking nice clothing and selling it for their own profit. If it doesn't matter to you either way, that's cool too, I just had no idea this was a thing prior to it happening within my own circle.
Regardless, very sweet of you to donate your clothing and congrats on your weight loss!

Referral: July 11, 2013         Surgery: July 14, 2014

Kwelbru
on 7/2/14 8:56 am - Canada

I'm have  about 3 garbage bags full of 5x and 4x clothing to donate as well. 

I was told that women's shelters have a shortage of plus size clothing usually.    If you don't have a taker consider giving a couple shelters  in your area a call 

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

Karen M.
on 7/2/14 8:58 am - Mississauga, Canada

AWESOME idea - they do have a shortage and it's wonderful you thought of that.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

merry1
on 7/2/14 11:04 am - Canada

I tried to donate mine to women's shelters and the places I phoned would not take them.  They said the fire department told them they could not store large amounts of clothing because it was a fire hazard.  Then I donated them to a refugee second hand store - which closed down within a few months, the rest I donated to a place called "Haven on the Q" which was wonderful because they distribute clothes to poor and homeless for free.  It is on the Queensway west of Kipling.  Just as an aside, I found I was quite attached to some of my clothes!  It was hard to part with some of them...

startingmynewlife
on 7/2/14 11:56 am

Might I suggest donating them to a local chapter of Dress For Success? It offers the clothing to women who are beginning in or returning to the workforce, many if whom have suffered abuse of one kind or another.

sabrinastrength
on 7/2/14 11:00 pm - Canada
Thanks everyone for the great responses. I have also looked into various places to donate and the most appealing was Dress for Success. I looked into consignment places but had a hard time grasping the concept and truly knowing if they sold your clothes or not.

I was going through a lot of them yesterday and realized that I had an attachment to a lot of them as well - mostly for the memories, but that being said - I have a lot of clothes! lol....

Thanks again

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

rosarioroybal
on 9/20/15 2:19 pm, edited 9/23/15 2:28 pm

I also have many clothes to donate by which I am bored now. I have clothes dresses, tops, jeans all are in plus size and many more you can click here too see that. So, I want to ask you about where I can donate this clothes? If you have some suggestion. Please tell me.

Most Active