What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

Karen M.
on 7/1/14 11:36 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Gah! What a headache! That is the city for you - I work for a city, hence the water being turned off at work with no notice too. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Onward and
Downward

on 7/1/14 11:55 pm, edited 7/1/14 11:58 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Yup, we had to have one installed too.

My favourite thing is the hydro meter. We used to have it at the side of the house in our little laneway to the back.  Then they decided that they were going to put it at the front of the house, about a foot and a half off the ground. In the middle of our garden behind our Rose of Sharon bush/tree thing. I guess they thought it was easier to see there.  And then they nag us in the winter to make sure it's not covered with snow. Hello, it was YOUR brainchild to move it from an unobstructed place at the side of the house higher off the ground, to the front of the house behind a bush, a foot off the ground.  Did you think it wouldn't snow?

We're so annoyed that we don't go out of our way to clear it. If they want it clear, they can do it since it was their dumb idea to put it there in the first place.

Rant over. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 7/2/14 4:57 am, edited 7/2/14 4:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

F them - they can clear their own F ing snow. And there will be HELL TO PAY if they hurt your Rose of Sharon.

Karen

birdiegirl
on 7/1/14 11:20 pm

RNY  5 Years 3 Months Post Op

Morning

Just returned from working out with my trainer.....and drinking my protein shake as I write

STEPS - 6700....this needs to increase!

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1 grilled lobster tail

S - 10 Low sodium triscuits

1/4 cup of shredded habanero melted on top

D - Panko crusted tilapia

roasted butternut squash

S - 2 Source dessert yogurt

2 S/F popsicles

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,033,  Carbs - 93 Grams,  Fat - 37 Grams,  Protein - 85 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Onward and
Downward

on 7/1/14 11:51 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning everyone! Hope you're all doing well today.  I had a very productive day at work on Monday because it was so quiet - I was alone in my entire corridor! Which means today will go swimmingly since I get to build on what I got done on Monday. I love weeks like this!

Yesterday, I spent my day off digging out our spare room so that I can use it for an home office/studio for arts and crafts. It's still very crowded since I have insisted on having a small bed in there in case of guests, but it's not too badly organized now. Still needs some work, but 1000% better than before. Then I made my husband's birthday gift, even though his birthday isn't for a couple of months - I framed three prints of his initials that we got on our trip to Europe at a museum that still has ancient printing presses.  I happened to find the perfect frame for it in a yard sale.  So it's all wrapped and ready now.  I've just been the productivity queen at home and work!

Today: Work, and then home to relax, and who knows, maybe I'll even do some more crafty things. Or maybe I'll finally do my taxes, which are only two months late. Sigh. Actually, that's probably the best plan.  I never procrastinate on them like this, but this year for some reason I just sort of fell down.  Probably because I was getting ready for my vacation at the end of April and then was away for almost a month. Hopefully I don't owe any money so I won't have to pay interest!

1.5 YEARS POST-RNY

B - Egg and cheese sandwich on a toasted bagel

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda with 3/4 cup mixed berries

L - Not sure yet. I packed my stuff for the day and forgot to take a lunch item out of the freezer! :(

S - Another ricotta/berry thing. It's comfort food, what can I say. :)

D - Again, not sure. Hubby is home this week getting a bunch of paperwork done so maybe he'll make something. If not, maybe I'll bring home a rotisserie chicken.

S - Not sure, probably nothing if I have a hearty supper.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

libra1
on 7/2/14 12:29 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Karen, where do you get your Chike protein iced coffee from?

Karen M.
on 7/2/14 2:29 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hi :)

I posted the link above - you'll have to call them or have them call you to order. You can order samples of it, but the shipping for a few samples would be the same as a large order, so not such a good idea.

Karen

Most Active