Feeling less anxious

DebColCam
on 6/30/14 2:48 pm - Canada
Hi everyone, I wrote recently about changing my mind in 2011 because I freaked myself out focusing on the possible side effects and complications. At least that is what I told myself...BUT the truth is I wasn't ready to give up my love relationship with food. Today I am feeling ready to let go of that relationship. Since asking to be referred again June 17, I have been focusing on the more positive aspects of WLS. I have been talking to my husband about my need and desire for this life altering change and today I think he heard me.
I asked him not to tell anyone that I am seriously considering the surgery. Last time he blabbed about it too much and all the feed back we heard was negative. I don't want to focus on the negative I know there is a risk.. but my quality of life is terrible right now. My hubby is underweight, he freaks when the scale goes down for him. Its hard being so opposite sometimes.
Today he says he is willing to support me...he still thinks I can do it without, but I reminded him what the Dr said 2 years ago, that it would be very difficult for me to achieve without the tool of surgery.
In the past week I have reduced my caffeine, soda and alcohol consumption I wanted to say goodbye to those things prior to July 1, And starting tomorrow I will begin tracking my food again. I am at the very beginning again...so I have a long wait ahead. I know I will be going through Humber does anyone have any recent timelines they would like to share? Thanks for posting, It is nice coming back and still seeing Monica, Dawn and Karen sharing their trials and triumphs. Thanks.

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

Monica9811
on 6/30/14 11:28 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I just wanted to wish you luck. You won't regret your decision to move forward. All the best!

Karen M.
on 7/1/14 1:00 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome back! It sounds like your head is in a good space to move forward. Keep posting, we're here to help :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

LynTO
on 7/1/14 1:03 am - Canada
LynTO
on 7/1/14 1:06 am - Canada

Hi Deb,

I was referred on April 9th, to HRRH, and received my package in the mail on May 30th. To ensure it was received you may want to give your doctor's office call.  I did not receive a phone call from the clinic I only received the package in the mail.  

Just like you I struggled with my decision to have WLS, and finally asked my doctor to refer me in April.  As well, at first I didn't want anyone to know that I was considering having it done.  However, the more I thought about how the positives outweighed the negatives I was again reaffirmed in my decision,

Learning about the surgery and talking to people on both sides of the fence helps you make an informed decision.  But ultimately you have the final say and you have to do what's best for you!

Some people have advanced through the process quickly (6months) while it has taken others in excess of a year to get a surgery date.  It probably depends on various health related factors and the number of patients going through the program.  I wish you all the best in your process!  

Lyn

Catw
on 7/1/14 1:09 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome back.  In 2011, you weren't ready and you would have probably just frustrated yourself with the journey.  Now that you are ready, it will happen and you will wonder why you didn't do it years ago.  I wondered that as well, but realized that at that time, I wasn't ready for it, and would have failed.

Perhaps your hubby should come to the appointments with you, to help make sure he knows what you need to know.

I wish you luck on your journey.

Cathy

Most Active