Opti

Swampy1976
on 6/28/14 8:42 am - Marmora, Canada

Well first day down😁 I won't say it was bad...but I sure enjoyed my broth for supper. I think i will miss savoury flavours.  Little bit of a headach this evening. 

Soon_to_Shrink
on 6/28/14 12:15 pm

Just finishing up day 4.  Not sure about your center but I am basically limited to Opti, sugar-free and caffein-free non-fizzed (SFCFNF) drinks, broth,  SF gum, and SF jello.  I had to make up some jello because I was really missing chewing on something.  Not that jello is that chewy but at least there's a utensil involved!  On the upside I found some amazing broth called Better than Bouillon and taste homemade. 

What I wouldn't give right now for celery or carrot sticks.  Really missing the crunchy food.

Swampy1976
on 6/29/14 12:01 am, edited 6/29/14 12:02 am - Marmora, Canada

What clinic are you through? What is your surgery date?  I'm only aloud the same, clear fluids NF/NS/NC and max 20 cal above the opti calories, which I will keep for my broths at supper. I have never liked jello but may have to start. I do envy some of the other centres allow a few veggies. I got very hungry yesterday in the evening but felt fine this morning...so far😐 I don't think I will ever want a milkshake again even if we could have one after surgery!

Soon_to_Shrink
on 6/29/14 2:49 am

I'm out of Ottawa with a surgery date of July 16.  Best thing I discovered is the coconut extract available in the grocery store or bulk barn and the cherry flavoured Mio.  Both work well with either Opti flavour.

Swampy1976
on 6/29/14 3:24 am - Marmora, Canada

I'm out of humber on the 17th I like the banana or cocanut in the vanilla and decaf coffe in the chocolate. Feeling a bit crummy today but I'm sure it will pass. Good luck!

Buckeye
on 6/29/14 5:13 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

I didn't mind the chocolate also i modified it to 400ml water, 5 cubes of ice then blended into a milkshake. I kinda miss it now...lol

Most Active