What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 6/26/14 7:51 pm

RNY  5 Years 2 Months Post Op

Morning

Tonight is our party of 30 for dinner......you would think I would just have eaten off plan for tonight....but of course not!...lol.....I have been eating "stuff" for the past 2 days.....this is why I don't entertain as much as I used to

So I will enjoy today and tonight......likely will put on a few pounds.....not all of it real weight......and back on track tomorrow beginning with walking the golf course for some great exercise

STEPS - 7890

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Ham;cheese;cucumber on a WW whole wheat tortilla wrap

S - few triscuits and cheese

D - 2 oz beef tenderloin

2 oz maple glazed salmon

couple of spoonfuls of hash brown heaven and baked beans

1/2 cup of tomato vegetable bake

1/2 cup of salad

10 oz Merlot

piece of lemon cake with raspberries

and YES, I can eat this much over a 2-3 hour period.....my pouch will help me keep portions down.....but I will be grazing.....the kiss of death for wls

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 2,037,  Carbs - 217 Grams,  Fat - 76 Grams,  Protein - 113 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Karen M.
on 6/26/14 8:14 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning sunshine ;)

Barb, I love entertaining - LOVE - but I sure do know what you mean about nibbling your way to the actual event. Good chefs must taste and frankly, is one shindig (I'm totally bringing that word back!) going to completely sabotage you? HELL no. ENJOY - there is no way possible for you to ingest enough true calories to put on a few pounds and tomorrow is a brand-spanking-new day. Have so much fun!

I'm having an iron infusion this morning then trolling Sherway for deals and running a few errands on the way back home. I did day 1 of the Couch-to-5K yesterday morning (I am NOT a runner) and was so pleased at how much strength I've gained back. Today is a non-jog day, so I'll be out for a good long walk aside from my running around. Have a visitation for my friend's daughter from 5-8 - this loss has weighed so incredibly heavy on my mind. I pray that I have the strength to support my friend  through this. Anyway.....

Eats for today, now that I've rambled on:

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, iogo 0%

S - bringing a Premier protein shake and a few cheese and crackers with me to the hospital

L - will avoid eye contact with the gourmet grilled cheese place at the mall and get a small salad of some description from Cultures

S - likely just coffee to go

D - meat/cheese/pickle roll-ups, .... not too sure what else, timing/plans will dictate a little

Have a fabulous Friday!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 6/26/14 8:36 pm

So sorry for your friend and her loss......its so tough when its someone before their time

Good for you re the couch to 5K.....I have a great fear of running....especially with the compression fracture I suffered in January......still an issue.....but I would love to go back to tennis when its finally healed....have fun with this Karen and glad you are feeling stronger

Karen M.
on 6/26/14 8:55 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Me too. The cir****tances are still under investigation so there is no peace, no acceptance, no sense of a little closure, however small.

I am also afraid of running, have never been a runner (why run if nothing scary is chasing you?) and pretty unclear of what my limitations continue to be. So, slow and steady. It's got me moving. :)

Karen

kellybelly333
on 6/26/14 10:49 pm - Toronto, Canada

Zombies chase me all the time. They're coming to Mississauga....keep up with the Couch25k....it will do you good against evil 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 6/27/14 5:44 am - Mississauga, Canada

Why didn't I think of that?! The Walking Dead - I'm channeling Mishone! 

Karen

Patm
on 6/26/14 9:06 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am sorry for your friends loss. I can not begin to image her loss. I am sure your presence will be greatly appreciated

kellybelly333
on 6/26/14 10:49 pm - Toronto, Canada

Sorry for your friend's loss. Terrible thing for her to go through :-( 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 6/26/14 9:20 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Off to work shortly. I have a new app call map my ride. Works great when I remember how to use it. Couldn't get it to work yesterday. My son dropped by last night and showed me what I did wrong. So will try it again today. Thank goodness for techie kids.

Have fun tonight Barb. Being hostess is a lot of work. You will probably work off some of those calories. The menu sounds awesome

Made myself a smoothie this morning Didn't realise how many calories I was putting in. Should have checked first

I sent an e-mail to fitbit that the category anytime was missing. They put it back this morning. I like to use it for my evening snack

b blueberries smoothie

s baby bel

l chili yogurt

s pure protein bar

d steak, salad

s wine

cal 1214, carb 76, prot 113.4

kellybelly333
on 6/26/14 10:50 pm - Toronto, Canada

Cool Pat!! They are a pretty awesome company!

Most Active