Barrie-Area Newbie What now?

anniew72
on 6/27/14 12:40 am

Hi Anna, welcome, i am new here too and through HRRH as well... my orientation date is july 14 , i was referred in May.

Just keep checking with your doctor to make to make sure your confirmation letter was received back from the bariatric centre.

best of luck to you.

Annie.

sublimechick
on 6/27/14 2:18 am - Canada

I have a favour to ask!! 

My cousin lives north of Barrie, and her doctor does not agree with Bariatric surgery. And he WILL NOT refer her!! So rude I know!! So she is so upset and trying to find a new family doctor so she can get a referral. Can anybody in the Barrie or north area tell me a good family doctor please and thank you? 

I really feel so bad for her she is so depressed and her doctor said so many mean things about her weight and he will NEVER refer anybody for that kind of surgery because it is cheating and blah blah....

Any help I will kindly pass on to my cousin. 

THANK YOU!!!

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Monica M.
on 6/27/14 5:20 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

where north of barrie? family dr is not the only one who can refer, you can also get one from a nurse practitioner, or at a walk in clinic.

sublimechick
on 6/27/14 5:26 am - Canada

Oh really? Ok I will ask her to keep trying. She lives in Bracebridge actually but drives all over for work so Barrie or anything would not be a problem. She actually tried 2 walk in clinic's also, and they also told her they will not refer her. They said it must be from a family doctor. 

Since she and her family doctor have different views on the situation, and he actually said some means things, she is definitely shopping around for another. This is why I feel so bad. Everybody keeps turning her down......  :(

There are nurse practitioners who take patients at clinics? I will ask her to check that out. Thanks so much!!

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Monica M.
on 6/27/14 5:12 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Hey Anna, welcome to the Forum. I'm from Penetanguishene, so close by! there is a Barrie group that meets face to face once a month. There's also a group in Orillia that are meeting at a timmies somewhere in Orillia on July 3rd, just search through the forum and you'll see Kristie A's posting about that.

kathie1212
on 6/27/14 12:11 pm - Stoney Creek , Canada

hi Anna it  has been a long wait for me!!! I got referred in August of last year had to wait til feb then got a letter in May saying I have an appointment in October and blood work:) so hopefully it will be not to long after that!!!!

I wish u the best:)

need_to_run_81
on 6/27/14 12:36 pm

Kathie, Do you have any idea what its taken so long for you?  That's crazy!!!!

Most Active