One week on Opti...

startingmynewlife
on 6/25/14 11:04 pm

Down 6lb - figured it would be more given that it's only 900 calories a day but I am still happy.

two weeks until surgery.

anyone have tips on how to maximize the weight loss while on Opti?

thx :)

kimber291
on 6/25/14 11:48 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Congrats one your first week down! 

I'm sure you've read this before but we aren't put on opti to lose the weight. We are put on it to shrink the fat around our liver. I think 6 pounds in 7 days is awesome by the way. 

I read the more we lose on opti the less we lose in the beginning after our surgery it tends to slow the beginning process down. I'm not sure if that's true or not...how would one know? I was on opti for 2 weeks and lost 11 pounds. I was happy with that. Hey...A loss is a loss  :-)

Good luck! 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

startingmynewlife
on 6/26/14 12:51 am

Thank you! I started my "journey" in end of March when at one of my orientations they said start living how you plan to live after surgery, so I started eating the way I would after surgery (more calories of course), started working with a trainer and keeping a journal - I am down 40.2lb - so that is very exciting :)

I do not know how it will impact my speed of my loss after surgery - but it nice to have more confidence even before going into surgery.

kimber291
on 6/26/14 1:03 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Wow good for you!  That's awesome! 

My journey started at the end of October when the referral was sent in and I had surgery on February 11th.  I'm down just over 65 pounds and I have just over 38 until I reach goal. It's a very exciting time! Been pretty easy for the most part but I know the honeymoon faze will soon end. 

I need to start working out, I have been guilty of slacking in that department :-( my husband and I are thinking of joining the gym. 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

juno57
on 6/26/14 6:53 am

I had my surgery on April 29th and weighed 312, and now on June 26 I weigh 267, which is 55 pounds, ut I had lost 40 pounds before my surgery.

Last tonight was the first time I got sick from eating, had 2 piece of bread, and it was too much, learned my lesson, and it was the first time I had 2 at the same time, made a tuna sandwich,'How does it go for you?

Does your stomach gurgle a lot after you eat?

Karen M.
on 6/26/14 6:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

Mine STILL gurgles a whole lot, loudly, at over 8 years post-op. lol

Glad you learned your lesson - it's a tough one to learn, but an important one.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

BluIzGal
on 6/26/14 8:06 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I'm just shy of two years out and my stomach is so noisy at times. The most embarrassing is at the movie theatre. That amazing sound system going on and a friend leaned in to ask me if it was my stomach she heard. We both laughed about it as it seems to happen when I'm at the movies, watching tv or going to bed. I think my level of relaxation must have something to do with it. More bizarre than the noise is that I don't feel anything when it happens!

Patricia

juno57
on 6/26/14 9:18 am

It is embarassing at times, but I just laugh at it too, what can I do eh? 

startingmynewlife
on 6/26/14 1:15 am

I love to now identify as "someone who works out" - its another NSV if you ask me :)

Being on Opti, I am not doing my training as of course I wouldn't have the stamina but I can honestly say I miss it. I didn't "join a gym", I got a personal trainer - keeps me accountable and I have learned so much about exercise that will be so helpful moving forward. It might not be right for everyone, but it has changed my outlook on exercise completely.

You have done amazing - congrats :)

kimber291
on 6/26/14 1:42 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Thank you so much!  

Kim

Referral - Oct 29/13

Most Active