Summer Challenge - Active Minutes - Start counting your minutes today! Anyone can join!

Monica M.
on 6/24/14 1:15 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

count me in, please. If we have a fitbit, should we use the very active minutes that it counts?

Karen M.
on 6/24/14 3:54 am, edited 6/24/14 6:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

Okay, tried with a focus today of getting "very active minutes". I would seriously have to be jogging to meet that, which my body can not do. I think it's great that you're making a more advanced challenge, but it quite frankly is not for those who are simply trying to move a lot more, WHICH I THINK THE MAJORITY OF US ARE.

So, I'm out. It would be just disappointing, and dangerous to be honest, to be in.

Good luck!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

highlandbear
on 6/25/14 2:44 am - Canada

Karen I think the whole idea of active minutes is when you go faster than you usually do. Lets take walking you might start out at a slow pace than speed it up for 15 minutes than slow it down. You would just count those 15 minutes. It does not have to be a jog. It is just faster than what you would normally do.  It is what gets the heart beating. each and everyone of will be different. It does not have to be a run. Think about giving it a try.  You could do a tabata walk and that would work. I am sure she does not expect everyone to be real real fast. Just a little more of a push than what you would do in a walk.

Karen M.
on 6/25/14 5:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, I get the premise and will certainly try, but if we're truly only measuring "very active minutes" (as tracked by my activity monitor) I would be a colossal disappointment to my teammates! LOL So, I'll try it on my own and forgo the challenge this time. :)

Karen

kellybelly333
on 6/26/14 1:06 am - Toronto, Canada

Sorry Karen. I was just trying to mix things up a bit, since we were focused on steps last time, and distance the previous time. As much as we are on teams, I really am hoping that people can focus on challenging themselves. Maybe I could make it more of an individual challenge, instead of teams? Like you got 10 more active minutes than the previous week? Something like that.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 6/26/14 1:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

I think it's an awesome idea, Kelly and actually, having started the C25K today, I'm hopeful! lol

I think teams is a nice support system - don't change a thing on my account!

So..... after all my whining, I'm back in. :)

Karen

kellybelly333
on 6/26/14 1:49 am - Toronto, Canada

Awesome!! Woot!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

GigiT
on 6/24/14 5:08 am - TX

Please add me!

Most Active