Abdo. Pain: Cause unknown?

Dreamalittledream
on 6/22/14 7:29 am - Canada
Thank you! Honestly, I'm relieved that they found the cause. With all testing coming back with normal results, thought I was imagining it all

Ottawa ~Referral Mar 2011~Orientation Aug 2011~Meet w Nurse May 14, 2012~Dietician/Behav/Abdo Ultrasound July 5, 2012~Colonoscopy Aug 8, 2012~Dietician#2 Aug 30, 2012~Endoscopy Nov 9, 2012~Pre-op class Jan 2, 2013~ Meet w Surgeon Jan 8, 2013 ~Start Optifast Feb 15, 2013 ~Pre-Admit. Mar 6, 2013 ~SURGERY March 8, 2013 (RNY/ Dr.  Raiche)~Post-op Class/Follow-up appt. April 25, 2013

Dreamy74
on 6/23/14 1:07 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Dreamalittledream I wish you all the best for surgery tomorrow and a quick and speedy recovery!  Be sure to update us and let us know how you're doing!!  xo

csmith74
on 6/29/14 1:48 am

I will be a year out from my surgery in August and I had a similar pain on my right side around my rib area. My gallbladder and appendix are out so my surgeon suggested going in for exploratory surgery as she to was saying it could be an ulcer/hernia, twisted bowel, or something wrong with my pouch. Unfortunately, she did not find much other than a cyst on my ovaries which should not be causing me the pain. When I had my check-up after this exploratory surgery, it was discovered I had inflammation of my ribs--I never heard of this before but it is painful. Lots of rest and not doing my exercises as I should be doing is how I've been healing it now.

Take things easy and don't over-do things as you can irritate the pain more. Definitely talk to your surgeon/nurse to find out what you need to do as they know more than what we do on here or your local hospital. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

Most Active