Pain under left ribs when bending

Sunny123
on 6/21/14 8:05 am
RNY on 12/05/13

I feel silly posting this but I guess there is no harm in asking.

I experience a white hot stabbing pain under my left rib when bending over. I have had it for about a week. When I apply pressure while stand it only feels slightly sore.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

jaxie77
on 6/22/14 4:41 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey , just wondering how you are feeling , u noticed you posted a couple days ago , but no word back . I have no experience of this but just hope you got it sorted out . If not then maybe check it out with your doc just to be on safe side xx Feel better xx

Sunny123
on 6/22/14 11:59 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Thank you for asking. Doesn't seem to hurt quite as much but I think I should make an appointment with my GP. I haven't had a check up in two years (when I got my referral sent).

Hope you had a great weekend!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

csmith74
on 6/29/14 1:55 am

I had a pain like that on my right side (gallbladder and appendix is out). Left side according to my surgeon is where your pouch is but it shouldn't be under your rib. I found out after having exploratory surgery and nothing found except for a cyst on my ovaries that I had inflammation of my rib. Painful is what I can say when doing certain things and applying pressure helped. What I have done is reduced my excercising/lifting so it can rest and the pain can calm down. It has been almost 2 months and the pain is almost gone but I'm still resting it as different sites on the internet has said it takes at least 6 months to heal properly.

Talk to your nurse/surgeon and find out what they think. Make sure you note what you're doing when the pain happens (eating, drinking, sitting, exercising, etc) as they will want to know this and document it as you may start to see a pattern when it happens. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

Most Active