Two surgeons for Thunder Bay

mysha
on 6/19/14 10:25 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

Went for my nurse practitioner appointment yesterday and found out that soon Thunder Bay will be doing their own surgeries instead of travelling to Hamilton or Toronto...so very excited to hear this.

4-Jane
on 6/19/14 10:58 am - Canada

Hello fellow city folk, I had my rny this past fall and will be into the clinic next week for a follow up.  Our wait time is long compared to many others so would be happy if we really had our own surgeon, and two would be that much better.....

Respectfully Jane
NorthernFireWoman
on 6/20/14 11:20 am

Wow, that is amazing! Maybe Sudbury will get surgeons too someday.  Thanks for sharing the good news!

Referral: Jun. 11/13;  Orientation: Jul. 24/13; SW/NP/Dietician: Nov. 2013.  Sleep test Dec. 2014.  Sleep apnea diagnosis Feb. 2014.  2nd sleep test Mar. 2014. Psychiatrist follow-up Mar. 2014. Approved by local centre Apr. 2014.  Sleep apnea follow-up May 2014. OTN apt with Dr. Sullivan Jun. 5/14.  Surgery July 7, 2014.

Mary A.
on 7/8/14 2:45 am

well as excited as I am for the Thunder Bay area.

.until I see this come to fruition  I will wait....reason being is two years ago they had a surgeon lined up and he changed his mind.

It would be great to have it done locally...but I will save the celebration when they are here and in place.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 3:19 am - Mississauga, Canada

Was it winter when he changed his mind - I mean, I could totally understand that.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Mary A.
on 7/8/14 4:10 am
On July 8, 2014 at 10:19 AM Pacific Time, Karen M. wrote:

Was it winter when he changed his mind - I mean, I could totally understand that.

LO...I almost spit out my coffee, are you "suggesting" that someone wouldn't want to move to Thunder Bay because of the cooler than 'South" temps..., like you have in Southern Ontario...

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 5:14 am - Mississauga, Canada

hahaha

Well don't you know? It's like summer here all year long!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active