New Challenge for Summer!

Onward and
Downward

on 6/22/14 11:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I'm game, but I don't think my FitBit will track my cycling as "very active minutes" unfortunately. But if I can just say, okay, it took me 45 minutes to cycle home and count those as "very active minutes" that would be great! Also, if I wanted to use my fitbit's "very active minutes" for other times of the day than cycling (on the fitbit dashboard you can get the time of day that you had very active minutes, so I just wouldn't count the ones that happened during my cycling), that would be great too.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

kellybelly333
on 6/23/14 5:37 am - Toronto, Canada

Although my steps aren't counted accordingly when I cycle, it still shows up as very active minutes. So a bit of work will have to be done, by going into your chart and seeing how your time compares with the fitbit time (before and after you cycle), just so you are not doubling up on minutes. It also depends if you are leisurely cycling along, or being active..you know?

Please use all Very Active Minutes for everything you get on the dashboard, you will find that even walking faster will add up. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 6/23/14 5:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

Would wearing your fitbit on your ankle/shoe not show a more accurate count? Just curious, my misfit does that.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Onward and
Downward

on 6/23/14 9:41 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Interesting idea. I usually wear it on my bra, and it gives a surprisingly accurate count (I've tested it by counting steps when I walk a short distance and seeing what the FitBit says, and sure enough, it got it right).  I think it's sensitive to the vibration of your foot hitting the ground, but when you're cycling, your foot doesn't hit anything, it just goes around and around, so it doesn't record as many movements down.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Onward and
Downward

on 6/23/14 9:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I've got lots of hills when I'm commuting, and I'm not just coasting along, so I'm probably being pretty active! LOL.  Well, let me see how it records it and we'll see what I do with it.

Anyhow, great idea for a challenge! You're coming up with some really creative stuff, Kelly. :)

Most Active