New member, saying hello

TES
on 6/19/14 8:41 am - Ottawa, Canada

It was around March 17th ... maybe a few days later.  Don't have my calendar in front of me and the memory ain't what it use to be.  It took over two years to get to this point, so patience is definitely needed.

Zizzler
on 6/19/14 9:43 pm

Best of luck to you, two years is a long time!

Karen M.
on 6/19/14 7:27 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the forum!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TES
on 6/19/14 8:41 am - Ottawa, Canada

Thanks, Karen!

robinreinhardt
on 6/19/14 9:07 am

TES,

Nice to meet you. I am new on this site as well and have my surgery around October. You will love it here. So much information. Good luck with your surgery and keep us posted on your progress.

Robin

TES
on 6/19/14 11:36 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hi and Thank you Robin!

Jiliana2
on 6/20/14 12:13 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Welcome TES to the forums. I had my surgery in February with Dr. Yelle. I am sure you'll have an excellent experience at the Civic with him and the staff in the ward. They're pretty amazing. And yes, like you, for once in my life I wasn't fat-shamed by a doctor! Incredible ain't it?!

Good luck on the Opti. I didn't mind it that much, but everyone is different.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, and if you have any questions at all, don't be shy. That's what we're here for.

All the best as you handle the Opti stage and prepare for surgery! You'll join us on the bench before you know it.

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

NorthernStar
on 6/20/14 1:10 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Welcome and good luck!

I also hated Opti, it was the worst part for me. It does get better, hang in there!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Kittykatt1329
on 6/20/14 12:18 pm - Alfred, Canada

Hi Tess,

Welcome, I am also from Ottawa, I had my surgery on May 23rd, 4 week ago today, with Dr. Mammazza  feeling great, I did have a few issues after, but all cleared up, I was just not releasing gas as much as i should of so ended back in hospital, I am known though to have issues when i am put under.  Feeling great now, weight loss slowed down last few weeks, but think due to the adding of food and my system getting use to i. I'm like you I have bad joints, and am having hard time getting around, I have had a knee replacement and hip replacement and my other knee and hip need to be done as well.  I pulled my menescus in my right knee so still hurts a lot and this is preventing me from walking a lot, but I am back to work next week, and I do have membership at the Athletic club and plan to start swimming to help me, I am so looking forward to being pain free, and gasping for air.

Good luck with your surgery.  The staff on the floor are amazing.

Cheers

Cathy 

janetkelman
on 6/20/14 1:04 pm - KINGSTON, Canada

I too have just joined and am having surgery at Ottawa civic july17th so I start opti on Thursday. Are you from Ottawa? I'm from kingston and am worried about where to stay in Ottawa the night before surgery. Do you have any information on that.? I am looking for a few buddies to go through this process with and would love to connect with anyone with information on Ottawa and how the process the day of surgery etc goes. It's a pleasure to meet you!

Most Active