anyone who has been through the Kingston bariatric center

kellielovesanthony200

on 6/17/14 12:09 am

hi everyone I had my orientation session on June4th. on the orange paper they gave they said if you don't qualify they would contact you within two weeks. tommorow will be the 2 weeks and have not heard from them. does that mean perhaps i will move on to start possible testing. if anyone can possibly tell me thier experience through Kingston that would be great thanks and have a great day

mama2g
on 6/17/14 3:54 am

Hi. I'm sending you a private message. I went through Kingston.

Referral: July 2013; Orientation October 2013; NP October 2013; Dietician October 2013; SW December 2013; 2nd Dietician December 2013; Surgeon appt in Ottawa Feb 2014; Surgery April 10, 2014

sarag73
on 6/17/14 7:30 am

Hello,

I went through Kingston.There is still a long process to go through which requires  tests, meetings with dieticians, social work, bloodwork. Depending on all that plus if you have any other co-morbitities like diabetes, sleep apnea etc you will require furthur tests before any decisons will be made. Once all this is done and the clinic feels you are a good candidate they will send your package to whichever hospital you choose and then you wait until the surgical hospital calls you to meet the surgeon. Its about a year possibly sooner but it will fly by. Good Luck

Orientation: December 2012 ~ Met Surgeon: Jan 9/2014 Surgery date:April 23rd/2014 Ottawa ~ Started Opti: April 2/2014 ~Opti starting weight April 2/2014: 271.4lbs~Pre surgical appointment: April 10/2014 ~Surgery weight TBA    

Countrygirl1961
on 6/18/14 3:44 am

I went through them and I believe it took just over two weeks - probably closer to 3 - for me to get my approval notification in the mail.

My first workshop was in December and I had all my tests and meetings in January through early April.  That's the part that can vary the most depending on how many tests you have to get done.  I met with the surgeon on June 9th and now waiting for my date which I've been told will likely be Sept/Oct. 

So it was almost a year from when I was originally referred by my doctor to when I saw the surgeon.  And that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.  Lots of time to research and make changes now so you are really ready for the forever changes you will have to make.

If you are on Facebook there are lots of support groups and a wealth of information and real experiences to learn from.

Good luck!

Most Active