Protein shake suggestions

Kittykatt1329
on 6/20/14 12:30 pm - Alfred, Canada

I just joined costco and bought the chocolate shakes and boy what a diff from the powder, almost like chocolate shake and did not feel sick after finished, I went today and bought the vanilla, will prob mix with some fruit for added flavor 

Katt 

Swampy1976
on 6/17/14 5:00 am - Marmora, Canada

There is a good unflavoured at bulk barn and you can buy any amount bulk barn also carry chocolate.  Iwin direct is great they will send approx 9 different single serve free samples you just pay shipping the cappuccino is really good from them. They also have some fruity ones.

NorthernStar
on 6/17/14 5:25 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

The only shake I can tolerate is Premier. I had to get a Costco membership just for that. If you try it and don't end up liking it, you can get your membership refunded. I could not do anything else, they all made me gag. I was glad the day I didn't need Premier for my protein anymore. I just can't do shakes.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

kathie1212
on 6/17/14 9:17 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

I am loving lurking all these posts I'm learning so much!!!!

Kittykatt1329
on 6/20/14 12:31 pm - Alfred, Canada

I went and got a membership and started with the chocolate and boy am I happy, finally got a full shake down without feeling sick 

nadiras
on 6/17/14 11:22 am - Canada

It can be hard finding one you like. I use a powdered protein shake called Diesel. It comes in several different flavours. To help with taste I add a little PB2.

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

Jayme34
on 6/18/14 2:51 am - Canada
RNY on 03/13/13

I always bought premier from costco til i got a bad batch, then switched to isofemme vanilla powder from walmart, love it.

Guelph Registry July 17,11, Orientation July 27,2012, First appts with Rn,Sw and Dietician on August 14,2012, second appointments on Oct 24 , post op diet class on nov.20 Meet Surgeon January 28/2013 SURGERY - March 13/2013 with Dr. Jules Foute Nelong   

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/14 8:54 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I hate Premier but love GNC Total Lean for the ready to drink ones.  For powders, I will buy Isoflex in any of the flavours, available at GNC, Popeyes, etc.  If I am in a pinch and can't get to GNC then the Body Fortress from Walmart is decent.   I love the cappuccino one from iwindirect.  I bought 4 of them and am still not sick of them.  I ordered every sample pack they had available first and paid the shipping then placed an order once I tried them.  Their unflavoured is decent, no real taste and mixes really well in milk based things like creamed soups or oatmeal when you are fresh post op.  The banana chocolate one is really tasty as is the chocolate peanut butter one.  I bored of those two flavours quickly but I still used them up eventually.  The cappuccino one never bores me but then again I am a coffee addict.

Karnita B.
on 6/20/14 9:11 pm - Augusta, GA

I love Unjury!  You have to order it on-line.  The price is around $26 per container (17 scoops) but well worth the price.  I love the flavors Vanilla, Chocolate Splendor, Strawberry Sorbet (which you can mix with water and any sugar free lemonade, and unflavored which you can mix with any of your foods.  It's 20g of Whey Protein.  Delicious and doesn't leave an after taste.  I mix vanilla and chocolate with vanilla flavored almond milk, I can't use regular non-fat milk.

Go to the website and check it out www.unjury.com They have lots of information, testimonials, and recipes too.

~*~Karnita~*~

Most Active