Protein shake suggestions

LilyBugsMommy
on 6/17/14 4:10 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

The only protein shake I have found that I like at all is the GNC Total Lean chocolate. The vanilla and strawberry I can do if I have to, but, I much prefer the chocolate. I have tried different pre-made ones and different powders as well and can't stand any of them. I do like the Premier bars though....and not any other kind of bars that I have tried.

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

CCs_mum
on 6/17/14 4:13 am

I love the premier protein shakes from Costco... and really worth the membership for me.  I buy all my vitamins, protein bars, shakes and most of my meat and a lot of my dry goods.  I buy enough that I get a check back every year to cover the membership cost.

Have learned that I can't measure my journey only by what I've lost.  I've gained health and extra time on this earth ... that is most important

Kittykatt1329
on 6/17/14 4:21 am - Alfred, Canada

I will have to check that out had membership before but wasn't worth my while, but maybe is now.

thanks

cathy

Karen M.
on 6/17/14 10:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

I just wanted to thank you for turning me on to the Chike protein iced coffee - WOW, feels like I'm having a treat! When they sent my order (2 sample packs) they sent me a couple of a new coffee they have, Mocha - also really good! I was thrilled to receive a container of the coffee one today - Chike was fast, efficient and oh so friendly. My new fav!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

CCs_mum
on 6/17/14 10:28 pm

So glad you like them too :-) 

Kittykatt1329
on 6/20/14 12:28 pm - Alfred, Canada

I went in and got a membership, bought the chocolate first and boy what a diff from the powder protien.  I can finally get it down, I bought the protien bars as well to try, and I just might have to get a second job if i spend to much time there ...lol

Zavz
on 6/17/14 4:21 am - Canada

For my first 3 months I got no flavour (it still had the flavor of cardboard just not flavored like choc or van) from GNC and added that, ice, water and crystal light to make my own protein drink. Used a 750 ml container and had one thru the morning and one thru the afternoon.   Then I was getting a minimum of 40 grams of protein a day plus food. I also added skim milk powder to yougurt, cottage cheese etc. To have added protein. 

Dreamy74
on 6/17/14 4:26 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Can you get the Premier Protein shakes at Costco in Toronto? 

Also Kittykat I asked this question quite a while ago and I was told a few of the same as you have been but also one called Bio-X orange creamsicle is supposed to be very good.  I haven't tried that one yet but I am going to (I am pre-op just going through the process now but want to find what I will like beforehand).

Patm
on 6/17/14 4:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Do not stock up too much. Your tastes may change after surgery. Some people find they can not tolerate a shake they liked before surgery.

Karen M.
on 6/17/14 5:25 am - Mississauga, Canada

I don't know actually - they have the chocolate here in Mississauga and my friend bought me a couple of cases of the vanilla in Ancaster - I can't see why not.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active