Protein shake suggestions

Kittykatt1329
on 6/17/14 2:34 am - Alfred, Canada

Hi all

i am almost 3 weeks post op, everything going well except the protein shakes... I can't finish the shake without turning my stomach, I would almost prefer the opti fast shakes.  I use six Starr chocolate and strawberry, have tried with ice and fruit and nothing works, so I am not getting enuf protein in with the soft food diet I am on.  Any suggestions of other brands or places I can buy.  I do not have membership at Costco but thinking of getting one.

thanks

cathy

Catw
on 6/17/14 2:43 am - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Cathy,

Some have enjoyed premier protein from Costco, but it's personal preference.  Myself, I can't drink anything milk based, so I drink either Webber Peach Mango (from shoppers) or 4EverFit from one of the nutrition stores.  They have them like a juice.  One thing you can do is get a "plain" protien powder and mix it in with your food/sauce.  Some people also get protein powders from Bulk Barn so that they can get just a little bit to try to see if they like it and not waste money on buying a lot.  Although, some of the nutrition stores will either give you a sample or let you try it and if you don't like it take it back.  You'd have to ask first though.

Cathy

Kittykatt1329
on 6/17/14 3:12 am - Alfred, Canada

Thanks Cathy , I didn't realize bulk barn had them, will give that a try first to see. 

Karen M.
on 6/17/14 3:58 am - Mississauga, Canada

The best (and I've tried hundreds) has to be the Premier protein shakes - ready made, bought at Costco, 30g protein, really low sugar and carbs. I also like the Chike brand protein iced coffee, but that only has 20g of protein. It's a personal taste thing really.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 6/17/14 4:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

iWin Direct will send you samples. I love the cappuccino one. Right now I am also using Protein+. I got it on sale and find it does not have the after taste alot of others have.

Kittykatt1329
on 6/17/14 4:20 am - Alfred, Canada

Did u get the protein + at the same place?  I will check out website.

thank u 

Patm
on 6/17/14 4:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

No I got the Protein+ at a Zoomers convention for old people. I believe they sell it in Shoppers Drug mart.

Karen M.
on 6/17/14 4:40 am - Mississauga, Canada

"old people"

Karen

Patm
on 6/17/14 4:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Yeah they market it for "Boomer". There was a band playing my husband wanted to hear. Some of the first exhibits were for funeral homes. So up-lifting!

Karen M.
on 6/17/14 4:54 am - Mississauga, Canada

Well that makes me laugh even harder! Thank you!

Karen

Most Active