CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE

dkdean59
on 6/12/14 9:12 pm - oshawa, Canada

Hi my name is Donna and i am 3 years out, i really thought i was a big failure until i read your story SO PROUD OF YOU such motivation for me you see in 3 years i only lost 100, pounds, i have been going from 280 - 300 for 2 years now....i am wondering if i can go thru this i am 59 and just developed servere arthritus, the doctor has told me the only way i will get comfort from the pain is to lose the last 150 pounds. even if i hit 200 lbs i would be happy, can u give me some advice how you did it, i think my stomach is the size of a grapefruit now i'm in cast boots for life so can't swim love lifting weights.... ANY ADVICE ON HOW TI GET ON TRACK would be appricated thank you

Delicious_Delilah
on 6/13/14 2:56 am - Ottawa, Canada

Do you track your food intake through something like myfitnesspal?  I would start there to get a sense of how many calories you're taking in every day.  And be honest when you fill it in. You might be surprised how calories can creep into your day. You should talk to your centre about what you should be aiming for (calories/carbs,etc.) based on your body and activity level. 

Physical activity is good, but without the nutrition part being sorted, kinda doesn't work. 

Good luck!

DD

Karen M.
on 6/13/14 3:24 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome home, Donna. So proud of you taking the first step - coming back and asking for help. We're all happy to help as long as you're committed to helping yourself. It sounds like a good first step would be to get back to WLS eating basics:

* protein first, always - at least 70g per day

* low carb - cut out the refined sugar, white flour, starchy everything

* drink water - at least 64 oz per day

* MINDFUL eating - plan meals/snacks, track/journal what you're eating, ask others for food advice

I welcome you to join the "what are you eating/doing today" thread each day - lots of good ideas, suggestions, meal plans and support.

One step at a time.

Karen  

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

PaulaToronto
on 6/14/14 9:22 am - Toronto, Canada

There are several regain sites for support.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active