Does anyone have a Fitbit?

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/14 12:26 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi,

I was thinking of getting a fitbit, but reviews are mixed.  Anyone have and use one?  What is your experience and what model if you have one?

regards,

Kelly

Karen M.
on 6/9/14 12:42 am, edited 6/9/14 12:51 am - Mississauga, Canada

After many years of resistance to technology, I gave in recently and bought a Misfit Shine.

I. Am. Addicted.

Not only does it tell me my steps, the distance, estimated calories burned.... it also monitors my sleep, all cycles (I have a terrible sleep problem).

Love it, love it, love it.

Edited to add: Oh, and it looks like jewelry. Like really pretty, sorta cool jewelry. *heart*

Edited again: Oh! And it measures everything - swimming, cycling... and well, walking lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/14 1:15 am

I love mine and when mine fell off when I was removing my jacket during a walk the company replaced it at no cost. 

It motivates me to finish to my goal when I am close. 

I recommend it to everyone

Patm
on 6/9/14 1:17 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I love my fitbit one as well. Lets me know when I am being a slug

LilyBugsMommy
on 6/9/14 1:38 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

I have a flex and it is great!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

mum2TNT
on 6/9/14 1:41 am - Oshawa, Canada

I just bought a fitbit one, and LOVE it! I wear it all the time, during sleep I wear it on a arm band.  It syncs to my phone and computer.....OMG I love it and highly recommend it.  I am going to buy them as gifts for some family members who have everything.  I have used many pedometers over the years, and they SUCK compared to the fitbit one.  It stays on my bra very securely! 

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

KerryF.
on 6/9/14 1:56 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I feel exactly the same way..... Except I have ALREADY bought it for 4 family members (including my husband who is just as addicted). I also bought the FitBit Aria Scale which sync's together. LOVE LOVE LOVE FitBit

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Needanewbeginning
on 6/9/14 2:50 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I love my fit it zip.

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Buckeye
on 6/9/14 3:52 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

I bought the fitbit flex yesterday...I am in love with it so far.  I think the reviews come from people who start a workout regiment and fail at it.  I think that it is an essential items for WLS pre and post ops. 

The flex is really comfortable. Hardly know I have it on and I love that it's synced to my iPhone and myfitnesspal. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/14 4:24 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Thank you  so much for the feedback. I am excited to get one.

Regards,

Kelly

Most Active