What food(s) can you no longer eat after WLS?

Mary A.
on 6/12/14 12:01 am

I would be very careful with the coffe...I currently have a gastric ulcer, and because there is no way to determine what caused that...if I could go back I would have given up my 2 cup/day habit.  I used to put my protein in my morning coffee.

As far as what you (can't) have there will be foods that you SHOULD NOT have, foods that you Cannot tolerate and others..fried foods are a waste of time (IMO), so not much on a Chinese menu anymore except for soup and beef & greens., so along with that goes shrimp deep fried, much healthier to make it in a frying pan with olive oil and garlic.

Prior to surgery I thought I would never eat rice again...wrong..I eat about 5 tablespoons, that's opposed to a salad bowl prior to surgery.  I also eat very little bread...and it has to be toasted..I also don't eat wraps...even at 5 yrs post-op, they tend to get stuck sometimes, so I either have an open faced sandwich or I just eat my burger with no bun.

My personal big thing is that I read labels of EVERYTHING I buy and I watch for carbs, sugars and calories...and I (try) to stay away from too much processed anything.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active