Therapist Wanted in the GTA

Zavz
on 6/9/14 10:28 am - Canada

Sorry. I thought I had replied on my phone but I guess it didn't take an I can't seem to log in from work. Yes. This sounds like me, I already went and purchased the book this weekend. Thanks for your help!!

Monica M.
on 6/9/14 11:17 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

you're welcome. I hope you find it helpful. Take care.

nbeatty
on 6/6/14 4:55 am - Aurora, Canada
RNY on 10/03/14

Also maybe investigate 'rational emotive therapy' and 'mindful meditation' to reduce your stress.

Orientation: Jan 27, 2014, Surgeon: Feb 14, 2014, Doctor Internal Medecine: May 5, 2014,  Nurse/Social Worker/Dietician: May 7, 2014, 2nd Visit Social Worker: June 20, 2014, 2nd visit Surgeon: July 11, 2014, PATT (HRRH): Sep 18, 2014 Surgery Date: Oct 3, 2014

PaulaToronto
on 6/10/14 12:18 am - Toronto, Canada

You might want to search for a therapist who specializes in weight issues or eating issues.  There are very good ones several in the GTA but yes they are expensive.  Do you have a health plan that helps you out. My clinic will let me see their psychologist or social worker for 6 sessions for free (Hamilton) but have no ongoing program which is a problem with all the centers. I don`t know if they follow a set program for the six weeks (I think they might) or whether it will be tuned to my needs. Psychologists are not covered by OHIP unless via a hospital program but then they only see you for a short time and are usually very booked up. You are to decide how much your health is worth to you.  My plan from work pays a few thousand a year which helps but doesn`t cover all if you are going regularly one a week at first and then less often. 

Also if you are downtown Toronto take a look into Sheena`s place. They offer all kinds of ongoing programs for eating disorders and it is all  free. I have done several programs there and enjoyed them but they are really far for me to attend. 

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active