Protein bars

50andfit
on 6/5/14 10:17 am

Ok guys if none of you have ever tried Quest Bars. They are amazing.  23 g protien and they have lots of flavors...some good some bad. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.....like ewting fresh dough....no kidding and guess what.....1 sugar....no sorbital or Malitol....so its not the exlax chocolate sweetener....it uses 1 g or Eritritol which is derived from fruits.  Oh another grewt think....break them in half and or roll them in 2 and bake them at 375 for 8-9 min......omg a hot cookie....yes and tastes like one....do that with Double Chocolate Chunk....which is much better baked than plain.....and you have Moulten Lava cake....dont believe me...try it...i do...fixing to uave my surgey Tuesday and in my 12 day of liquids...so yeah making myself hungry.... but also as a diabetic these have been a godsend.

I also take the strawberry cheesecke bars and do the same thing and use sugar free strawbeey jam and OMG......

The good flavors....

Chocolate Chip Coockie Dough

Apple pie...to die for but 4 Sugars

Strawberry cheesecake

Vanilla Almond Crunch

Banana Nut Bread...great baked for breakfast or not

Cinnamon Roll...same heated or not

Havent found any of the peanut butter ones like the pie...or the PBJ to be great....but they are good

NOoOOO to the Lemon Pie.....tasted like Pine Sol smells.....

Ok ok you can also go to youtube and watch them bake with them....its either cooking with Quest bBars or Baking.........dont take my word for it look it up....Allstarhealth.com has them for 21.00 a case as opposed. To Vitamin shoppe 27.99 a case.....and sometimes you can get free shipping if you order right.......seriously i dont work for them......they saved my life so to speak and why wife who is neither diabetic nor over weight eats them as her lunch and or a snack for her sweet cravings

I think the website is questnutrution.com.....not sure....oh dont order their spagetti noodles....smells like rotton fish....SERIOUUSLY

Karen M.
on 6/5/14 12:25 pm - Mississauga, Canada

So I'm not clear - you like these then?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

50andfit
on 6/5/14 12:53 pm

Like...??? Love Lust...can you lust after a quest bar.....i guess 2 weeks in to liquid i can haha

Karen M.
on 6/5/14 12:56 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Funniest. OHMYGAWDILOVEPROTEINBARS post. Ever.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

jdsparkee
on 6/5/14 1:15 pm
RNY on 01/28/14

I've tried a handfull of brands... Atkins, Pure Protein and Quest.  By FAR the best tasting is the Quest Bar!  I can only eat 1/2 a Quest at a time and my favorite is the cookies & cream.  Prior to surgery I ate Zone Perfect and loved them but they're too high in calories and carbs for my liking post surgery.  I will definitely make a trip to Costco to try the other suggestions from posters as I like the Premier shakes although I still can't drink a full 11 oz and split them into 2 servings.   

SW: 226  CW:166   M1: -27 M2: -11 M3: -16 M4: -3 (health issues)

RNY Surgery Date: 1/28/14 

Most Active