Excess skin

Cartysmom
on 6/4/14 1:56 am - Canada

Hello everyone!

Im just wondering if i could get a few questions answered...

1. How many people have had plastic surgery after wls?

2. How many havent had plastic surgery? And are you happy with your body?

3. Is anyone dissapointed with how they look after weight loss?

Im just curious about this and would appreciate feedback! Thanks everyone:)

Pez
on 6/4/14 2:56 am - Oshawa, Canada

I had surgery in November 2012, I have not had plastic surgery.................yet lol.  I really want my stomach done but I'm about 10 pounds away from my personal goal weight, and can't financially do it at this time anyways.  To say I am disappointed with how I look would be a lie.  I'm very proud of what I have accomplished and most of the time I can hide my belly.  Even if I am never able to have plastic surgery I am in a much better place than I was 110 pounds ago :)

Needanewbeginning
on 6/4/14 10:59 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I wasn't really thinking about it pre op but as the weight came off its something I really need to do to complete my journey. I am booked for a tummy tuck and mons in September. I may do my thighs and batwings a couple of months later. That's a big maybe but on my list anyway. 

I am not disappointed with how I look now. I still don't see the loss as crazy as that sounds. I still see that big girl, so for me plastics would help the visual never mind the extra skin flapping around and always needing to be tucked away. 

Honestly, many people don't have plastics done for lots of different reasons. Financial or otherwise, it's really going to be something you decide when and if its something that bothers you.

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Blueiiis
on 6/4/14 12:23 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

How do you deal with the excess skin? Do you wear Spanx or something similar?  I am quite concerned about it, but will have plastics surgery done someday (I am pre op lol).

Needanewbeginning
on 6/4/14 1:07 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Hate spanx but love flexees. You can get them at Costco, but they didn't sell them large enough for me until I started loosing a lot of weight. The bay, sears etc have them up to size 4x. 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Kwelbru
on 6/4/14 10:17 pm - Canada

Well. I kind of started with excess skin from yo-yo dieting all my adult life (49).  The thing I'm most interested in is a facelift.  Really don't care about the rest of my body as long as If is smaller and my aches and pains subside..

but I'd love a neck lift and an eye tuck. Haha

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

Most Active