What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

TanyaLH
on 6/3/14 6:09 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

1 year post op

steps 13698

Good morning,

Here I am again getting ready for work at 3:45 am ( start at 5), oh well, only 2  1/2 more weeks left.

Not too much going on today, just work and then home.

Barb, hope the sal****er weight is gone today (I bet it is gone) :)

My poor pooch, he is still on the prednisone and has gained alot of weight from it. I have cut back the treats and we walk more but it doesn't seem to help. He still has 3 weeks of meds left!

What is everyone else doing?

B- 1/4 cup FF cottage cheese, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/2 english muffin toasted 3 times...lol and protein coffee

S- 1 cheese string w/ 10 grapes

L- 1 cup ground turkey chili

D- 1/2 cup ceasar salad w/ 2.5 oz chicken breast

S-1/3 cup greek yogurtw/ SF pudding powder

Be well everyone

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 6/3/14 7:35 pm, edited 6/3/14 7:42 pm

Edited to change my stats....I did a re-check to see my percentages....trying to keep to the 40/30/30 ratio.....the parmesan chicken was listed with 35 grams, of fat....so I realized I had chosen one from myfitnesspal that must have had the skin and full fat mayo on it.....found one without skin and with lower fat mayo....now my ratio's are right on......

I am also assuming myfitnesspal rounds up....as the calorie count doesn't work out to 4 calories per gram of protein and carbs and the 9 calories for fat...but its close enough

RNY  5 Years 2 Months Post Op

Morning

Tanya I am still up 1 .2 pounds from my lowest last week......hopefully I will find that gone by tomorrow....I have my 5 year appointment tomorrow morning...plus I am seeing an endocrinologist....so I hope to be back down ......the body is a funny thing.....as long as I keep plugging along and eating cleanly....it will have to give it up

I begin school on Friday....so today I am spending the day reading the prep material and generally getting myself nervous...lol

STEPS - 6700

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 2 PC stone roasted ham roll ups...made with 3 slices of ham each and 1/2 slice of low fat swiss cheese....wrapped around cucumber slices

D - 1 Parmesan crusted chicken breast

1.5 cups of sweet kale salad

1/2 cup of green beans

S - 3 slices of wasa light rye crisp bread

2 TBS of imperial cheese spread

2 source dessert yogurt

2 no sugar added fudge pops

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,228,  Carbs - 94 Grams,  Fat - 42 Grams,  Protein - 123 Grams

All water....3-4 litres.....more decaf coffee......all vits

Have a great one 

Zizzler
on 6/3/14 9:36 pm

I am pre-op

B- Apple, cottage cheese, homemade sf rhubarb compote

s - cucumber

l - chilli with cheese

s - string cheese, sf peach grk yogurt

d - homemade turkey chilli from freezer

s - sf rhubarb grk yogurt parfait

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Karen M.
on 6/3/14 11:23 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Zizzler, I have to say I'm impressed - you appear to be eating very low calorie pre-op to get weight off prior to surgery. Amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it, eh? Hopefully you'll get a surgery date soon, keep us posted!

K :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 6/4/14 8:38 am

Hi Karen! I should update this list as I had a small kit kat bar after the chilli and cheese.  Other than that today went as planned.  I have been eating low carb hogh protein for about 4 years now. I have lost 26 lbs since last August, which for me is amazing, twice as much as normal.  I think the following are what is making a difference: 

- switched medication to one that does not cause weight gain

- less stress (ex: losing my job = stress eating = 30lbs weight gain)

- managing stress better (practicing meditation, cbt)

- eating mindfully

- logging what I eat

- not drinking with my meals

- not keeping junk food in my house

- no regular coffee/tea, no soft drinks

- keeping active (recently got a fitbit, which I LOVE)

- making my own food at home most of the time

- taking vitamins - omega-3, D, B12, a good multi

- added small amounts of fruit and legumes back into my diet - this has helped my energy levels

- most of all, knowing that there is hope for me to lose weight and be healthier has really changed my life

To be honest, the waiting is driving me nuts.  My centre, the Ottawa Civic, is closed and having no surgeries for 2 weeks in July, so there is another delay in getting a date.  Right now I am being told maybe August.  That is over 4 months wait after meeting the surgeon! Trying to keep busy but it is hard, especially with it being summer.  Thank you for your kind words, very reassuring.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Karen M.
on 6/4/14 8:49 am - Mississauga, Canada

You should be incredibly proud of yourself. 26 pounds is awesome but the most impressive is all of the positive things you are mindfully doing for yourself. Your tenacity and self awareness will serve you VERY well post-op. I'm looking forward to hearing about your future successes - if I can help you in any way, please don't hesitate to ask. I adore people who do for themselves - kudos!

P.S. After many years of resistance, I finally gave in and bought an activity tracker too - Shine Misfit - and I gotta say, I love mine too! Who knew?!

Best,

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 6/4/14 9:59 am

Thank you, I really appreciate it :0) 

Patm
on 6/4/14 1:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Going back to school sounds like a great adventure. I don't think my old brain could cope. LOL

birdiegirl
on 6/4/14 5:41 am

I have been reading all day Pat.....ughhh......wondering why I did this now!

Patm
on 6/4/14 6:00 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope it was at least interesting. If not I would need a lot of coffee!

Most Active